What is the latest you started booking excursions?

flagger

I cannot believe how laid back our next cruise planning is seeming to be. Maybe having a move has had something to do with that (oh and the loss of disposable income that went towards said move waiting for reimbursement by company). For our first cruise, we were booking excursions as early as nine months in advance. I don't have any plans made, not a hotel booked or even my airline tickets purchased.

As you get more cruises under your belt, do you research a bit less, or do you still try and get everything done as soon as you book your next cruise?

We have been on 15 cruises and have never booked shore excursions in advance but do them on the interactive TV in the stateroom on the first day aboard. On a RCI Hawaiin cruise my sister-in-law went with us. She has trouble deciding what she wants to do. After two days wait for her decisions I tried to book tours and they were all sold out.

We are leaving in 3 weeks on Celebrity Constellation for the Scandinavian cruise. I booked the St. Petersburg, Russia tours by FAX last week as we want to be sure of seeing the sites therel. We have been to many of the other cities that are on this cruise so will wait and book what we decide on when we get onboard.

It depends on the itinerary for me. Hawaii we booked way in advance because we wanted to be sure were able to do the things we wanted to do. I haven't been to Europe or Alaska, but I would imagine I would be planning, planning, planning. But for the Caribbean, we've been enough times now that I don't over plan, at least with regards to excursions. Our last cruise a few weeks ago was a very last minute, unexpected cruise and we didn't plan a thing. It was very relaxing!

We just booked yesterday for a cruise to Bermuda leaving on May 28th. It was the price for us -- $500 per person for an inside cabin. We can drive to the pier in Norfolk, so no airfare to worry about.

For Alaska we booked some cruise and some independent most were booked and deposited in advance.Talkeetna Aero Taxi Flight seeing booked in advanceand wound up doing Glacier Landing as well for same price as no one else had booked just the flight and 2 other couples had booked landing.AWSOME EXPERIENCE and so last minute.Juneau we booked Whale Watching with Captain Larry the morning of as our Dog Sledding had been cancelled.We got the last 2 seats for the 9:30 trip.Added a tour on Icy Straits as tour was advertised on the TV for a lower price then in brochure.

This year booked St Petersburg,Tallin and Tivoli Gardens in advance other ports not yet will wait until aboard the ship to decide.

Archived