Things to do around cape canaveral

azndo4life

We also went to Manatee Sanctuary Park and really enjoyed it...sorry I can't remember exactly where it was but we stayed at Country Inn & Suites and it wasn't far from there. We also went to Jetty Park and to the Port Canaveral Lock Station - both are worth visiting. We also like to plan our dinner(s) to be at one of the several restaurants right on the waterway at Port Canaveral with outside seating. You can watch the ships sail by around 430p and 5pm.

Are there any public beaches near the pier where the ships dock. And does Kennedy Space Center draw big crowds like Houston? I'd like to visit but don't want to wait hours to get in. For us Port Canareval will be a port of call for the day.

KSC does get busy but you can save time in line by purchasing your tickets ahead of time on-line (some have reported receiving free or discounted tickets through their congressman -- did not work for me :(). You need several hours to most of a day to see it all at KSC. http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/

Good luck! :)

Archived