Upgrade fairy called today

tet1968

DW and I have an extended balcony, aft on the Conquest this sailing this weekend. The call was for an upgrade(?) to a Grand Suite on the starboard side. It sounded good until the $1150 increase was quoted. I told the guy I would rather keep my aft than be on the side of the ship just 4 doors from the elevator.

Did I do good or should I have taken the deal?

That is no bargain sure is alot of money especially since your cruise is just this weekened and they didn't sell it. You made right decision...Carnival also not very good with perks having suites as other cruise lines are.

Consider that money that they wanted to pay for your onbaord expenses and shore excursions best to use it that way :p

That is a lot. When I took the deal for the GS on our Spirit Alaska cruise it was for $600 total. We also had an aft balcony. It was nice to try, but I think they are way over priced personally. However, we have sailed in the VS suites on the Spirit class a few times now and would book it every time.

Seriously?! Wow, good on ya! I would have told them hell no!

They upgraded us from lido balcony to an ocean suite for $150PP, now that was well worth it! You have one of the best and most coveted balcony cabins on the ship, they could certainly do better than that upgrade price!

Enjoy! And remember: once you go aft, you never go back ;)

I wouldn't have taken it either, that's a alot of money! We are in an aft wrap and I could upgrade to a junior suite for the same price now, but HECK NO, they can keep their side balcony and lack of suite perks. I don't need priority boarding when my ship doesn't sail until 10:00pm.

Last year we had 3 to a cabin, in an inside of Panorama deck and the upsell fairy offered us a Vernada deck balcony for an extra $200 TOTAL. I jumped on that!!

DW and I have an extended balcony, aft on the Conquest this sailing this weekend. The call was for an upgrade(?) to a Grand Suite on the starboard side. It sounded good until the $1150 increase was quoted. I told the guy I would rather keep my aft than be on the side of the ship just 4 doors from the elevator.

Did I do good or should I have taken the deal?

I'll be on the same cruise. We bought a guaranteed balcony and was placed on the lido deck! I consider that an upgrade but I'm with the other posters....would have never paid a grand for that upgrade.

Archived