I MISSED an upgrade!

generichandle

LOL;

Don't you hate when that happens?

We got an Inside that was, unfortunately, under the theater. I have since kept religious watch for another cabin in the same class that was not under, or over, the theater. Last night I spotted one on Dolphin, same category, so of course called Princess and they gladly transferred us. No probs, right?

This morning I look and EVERY cabin is now available under the theater, LOL. They were obviously all upgraded. If only i had waited who knows where I would be today. Instead I am at the very front of Dolphin, long way from anywhere. But at least it will be quiet! *bonk self*

Doug :D

Actually, we've been in one of those cabins under the theater, and it was rarely noisy. I think we only heard anything significant one night. Otherwise, those are very quiet cabins due to very little passenger traffic, and oh so convenient to the International Cafe!

LOL;

Don't you hate when that happens?

We got an Inside that was, unfortunately, under the theater. I have since kept religious watch for another cabin in the same class that was not under, or over, the theater. Last night I spotted one on Dolphin, same category, so of course called Princess and they gladly transferred us. No probs, right?

This morning I look and EVERY cabin is now available under the theater, LOL. They were obviously all upgraded. If only i had waited who knows where I would be today. Instead I am at the very front of Dolphin, long way from anywhere. But at least it will be quiet! *bonk self*

Doug :D

That might not mean everyone was upgraded.A travel agent may have released the cabins back to Princess.

I have also had a cabin under the theater with no noise what so ever. We usually go to bed around 10pm and I believe the theater is closed by then. Even during the day when we take naps, no problem. Now I don't want to worry you, but most people complain about being in the front of the ship because of feeling the motion a lot. I however have been in the front with no problems, but then I have never gotten sea sick either. I am sure you will have a fantastic cruise.

Actually, we've been in one of those cabins under the theater, and it was rarely noisy. I think we only heard anything significant one night. Otherwise, those are very quiet cabins due to very little passenger traffic, and oh so convenient to the International Cafe!

There is a recent thread discussing how much other passengers also have enjoyed those Plaza deck cabins without any noise problems. Plus they're in a more stable location than all the way forward on Dolphin deck & so convenient to the IC. :D

I make my reservations online so when you click on the category you want it will give you a list of a few available cabins/deck. It does not give you a list of every available cabins in that category so unless you are making a reservation, you probably have to call them and ask them about specific cabins. Be sure to pull up the deck plans for your ship before you call.

If you are making a reservation there is a field where you can put in the specific cabin you would like and it will tell you if it is available or not.

How do you find out which cabins are available and/or which are booked. We also like the Plaza deck but would prefer to more in the middle.

Thanks

I've used the Travelocity website which shows available cabins by category in the deck plans & have found them to display the same available cabins as the Princess site. I don't use it to book but it's convenient to see available cabins by category on the deck plans. :)

You might not have missed any upgrade of significance. The Princess system continually changes cabin availability based on many things. If you did get an upgrade it could have been very minimal. Chances are you wouldn't have gotten an upgrade to a minisuite. I also have sailed on Plaza deck and loved it. I wasn't under the theater but I've read posts where people have stated they heard minimal noise. You could call back and rebook the plaza deck if you aren't sure you will like your forward mini. I love minis so when I feel like I can justify the money I would take one forward, mid or aft.

Archived