Cabo San Lucas and Puerta Vallarta Beach clubs

Guitar1969

Taking my family on our first cruise in 2 weeks on Carnival Splendor (Mexican Riviara). We didn't book any excursions(don't want to commit or be on a schedule) and were just planning on doing some shopping and beachcombing in Cabo San Lucas and Puerta Vallarta. From what I have read, the beaches are somewhat close to the ports, and I was wondering if anybody knew of any Beach Clubs we could just walk/taxi to and pay to hang out in the beach in a less crowded setting (Where we have chairs and such, maybe a lunch). Are these available to the public or is it only available through a prebooked excursion. Any beach combing or other ideas would be appreciated for these 2 ports.

Thanks,

Michael

We went to the Baja Cantina in Cabo. I think it was a $10 cab or water taxi ride (you can share to cut the cost). With a tip to the hostess, we had lounge chairs under umbrellas on the beach and ordered lunch and drinks all day. Get there early as it got packed as the day went on - especially since there was more than one ship in port. There are lots of beach clubs along the same beach. If you post on the ports of call board, they can tell you which would suit your specific needs (if you want a party place or family place, etc.)

Best,

Mia

We went to the Baja Cantina in Cabo. I think it was a $10 cab or water taxi ride (you can share to cut the cost). With a tip to the hostess' date=' we had lounge chairs under umbrellas on the beach and ordered lunch and drinks all day. Get there early as it got packed as the day went on - especially since there was more than one ship in port. There are lots of beach clubs along the same beach. If you post on the ports of call board, they can tell you which would suit your specific needs (if you want a party place or family place, etc.)

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Thanks - I did not realize there was a ports of call board - That makes sense. Learn something new every time I come to this forum.

Archived