Oasis/Allure versus Dream/Fantasy

Hello RCL cruisers. I was wondering if any of you have sailed on the newer ships for both DCL and RCL- the Dream or Fantasy AND the Oasis or Allure. I just returned from my first cruise ever and it was on the Disney Fantasy (probably spoiled myself by choosing one of the newest, prettiest ships out there :).) I have an upcoming cruise on the Dream in May and a family cruise planned on the Allure next August (I was originally booked on the Oasis but after the Fantasy changed its itinerary from a Western to an Eastern thanks to Ernesto, I decided to change my Eastern Oasis Cruise to the Western on Allure the day after.)

I had chosen Disney because of the kids programming (I have 4 children- 7, 9, 12, and 17) but oddly enough they had no interest in using their clubs and preferred to just hang out as a family (who knew?) So I am thinking that RCL might be a great choice for us. I am still contemplating going back on the Fantasy next year because we had such a great time and the ship is gorgeous but the Allure is sounding more and more like the better option the more I read up on it..

I actually did a cruise on Disney Dream last Fall followed within a couple of days with a cruise on Allure.

As far as the ship is concerned... there is no comparison... Allure wins hands down. I used to always say that Disney provided the best entertainment at sea, but I give Oasis and Allure an edge in that regard as well. Disney still wins out in entertainment compared to the other RCCL ships.

I do like the rotational dining that Disney does, but there are SO many venues on Allure that I don't think you'll miss it.

Give Allure a try... I really think you'll like it.

I am still contemplating going back on the Fantasy next year because we had such a great time and the ship is gorgeous but the Allure is sounding more and more like the better option the more I read up on it..

Definately try Oasis or Allure.

Unbelievable ships, so much to do and see on them.

Been on the Allure with kids in December 2010. We loved it, and they loved it. We are going back again in a couple weeks! Also booked Disney Fantasy for February 2013. I will be better able to make a comparison then!

I had chosen Disney because of the kids programming (I have 4 children- 7, 9, 12, and 17) but oddly enough they had no interest in using their clubs and preferred to just hang out as a family (who knew?)

I've never been on Disney, but based on what you said I would go Allure/Oasis. If your wrong there is always next time. On the negative side, The Disney ship has a really cool horn, but maybe you will be like us and docked next to it and hear it. ;) The Disney ship does have a really cool looking waterslide/tube that I might be to scared too try.

We have done many RCCL cruises and a B2B on the Disney Dream. Haven't done the Allure/Oasis yet, but the Allure is next March. We loved the Dream, but I would say go on the Allure or Oasis without a doubt. There is a more to do for all age ranges. You can always go back to Disney if you still prefer that after RCCL.

I have decided to book 3 staterooms on the Oasis for my myself, my husband, and my 4 children. The rooms look a bit cramped and don't want my 4 kids to have to share that tiny bathroom or come bugging us to use ours. The booking agent told me that as long as the parents are in an "adjacent room" then the 21 years of age requirement is waived and the kids can be booked in their own rooms on either side of us. I see that the FAQs on RCIs website says that the rooms need to be connecting. I just wanted to make sure that the booking agent told me currently. I am currently booked in 3 adjacent rooms. I could always switch it around, get two connecting rooms, and put my husband in a separate room but that would cost more (only D4s and up are connecting) and would cause room key confusion. I guess I just want reassurance from other cruisers that adjacent (as in side-by-side with no inside connecting door) rooms will be okay. I am paranoid....haha...ooops I meant to post this as a new thread. I'll go do that now.

This is coming from a Disney Freak... We did an 8 night on the Independence and a 4 night on the Dream. Hands down, RCCL wins. I am glad I did the Disney cruise (a bucket list kind of thing), but would not book another one. Our RCCL cruise was double the nights and only $300 more for nearly identical rooms. Our DD liked the kids club on the Indy just as much as the Dream and the food on the Dream wasn't any better. Service wasn't any better on the Dream. We actually booked a Fantasy cruise on our 2nd day and before we disembarked the Dream we cancelled it. We just couldn't justify the premium price so my next cruise would definitely be on the Oasis or Allure!

This is coming from a Disney Freak... We did an 8 night on the Independence and a 4 night on the Dream. Hands down, RCCL wins. I am glad I did the Disney cruise (a bucket list kind of thing), but would not book another one. Our RCCL cruise was double the nights and only $300 more for nearly identical rooms. Our DD liked the kids club on the Indy just as much as the Dream and the food on the Dream wasn't any better. Service wasn't any better on the Dream. We actually booked a Fantasy cruise on our 2nd day and before we disembarked the Dream we cancelled it. We just couldn't justify the premium price so my next cruise would definitely be on the Oasis or Allure!

Yeah I loved the Fantasy but I had lucked into a Verandah Guarantee rate and we ended up in two of the highest category rooms they have. If I tried to book the same rooms now it would cost, gulp, $16000. I can get three rooms on the Oasis for half that price. I couldn't even imagine trying to book 3 rooms on the Fantasy!

I have decided to book 3 staterooms on the Oasis for my myself, my husband, and my 4 children. The rooms look a bit cramped and don't want my 4 kids to have to share that tiny bathroom or come bugging us to use ours. The booking agent told me that as long as the parents are in an "adjacent room" then the 21 years of age requirement is waived and the kids can be booked in their own rooms on either side of us. I see that the FAQs on RCIs website says that the rooms need to be connecting. I just wanted to make sure that the booking agent told me currently. I am currently booked in 3 adjacent rooms. I could always switch it around, get two connecting rooms, and put my husband in a separate room but that would cost more (only D4s and up are connecting) and would cause room key confusion. I guess I just want reassurance from other cruisers that adjacent (as in side-by-side with no inside connecting door) rooms will be okay. I am paranoid....haha...ooops I meant to post this as a new thread. I'll go do that now.

The booking agent was correct. The rooms do not need to be connecting...they can also be across the hall if not next door.

Archived