Laundry

billichka

Only a few weeks to go now until we depart for our 20 night cruise on the Legend :D

I don't want my Wife to have to do laundry on the ship so am trying to work out if it is better to take a huge quantity of clothing (and pay for the excess baggage on the flights) or take less luggage and use the ship's laundry service. I recall the individual item laundry costs were on the expensive side but the new $50 per bag deal might be ok.

My question is how many T Shirts (size L) can one fit into the $50 laundry bag?

Only a few weeks to go now until we depart for our 20 night cruise on the Legend :D

I don't want my Wife to have to do laundry on the ship so am trying to work out if it is better to take a huge quantity of clothing (and pay for the excess baggage on the flights) or take less luggage and use the ship's laundry service. I recall the individual item laundry costs were on the expensive side but the new $50 per bag deal might be ok.

The laundry bag is not huge, but with careful folding you wouldfit quite a few in!

Are you onboard the Legend from the 22nd September, Monte Carlo to Rome? If so, we also will be enjoying 10 nights on our favourite Seabourn ship!

Margaret

Have used the bags and you can fit a surprising amount in - t-shirts, shirts, chinos, blouses, underwear and socks. As noted above it is all down to the folding.

We thought the bags were a good deal, all things considered. Especially when compared to the individual item laundry price lists ( my wife had a couple of t-shirts from Primark which cost more to launder than to buy new in the store!)

What about the types of things laundered? I have a number of tops and pants that need cold water, low dry, etc. Is the laundry service pretty good at that type of distinction? Or, do I need to just stick to t-shirts, socks, etc for the laundry bag?

Thanks.

Have used the bags and you can fit a surprising amount in - t-shirts, shirts, chinos, blouses, underwear and socks. As noted above it is all down to the folding.

We thought the bags were a good deal, all things considered. Especially when compared to the individual item laundry price lists ( my wife had a couple of t-shirts from Primark which cost more to launder than to buy new in the store!)

I found the best way was to do an initial fold or two and then to roll the garment tightly. I was able to get a lot into them that way.

For years I have always overpacked and ended up with clothes I did not wear. Last year I scaled way back. I used the Laundry about once a week (we were cruising 21 days) and some of the other items I sent out. As I recall it was not that expensive -- it was actually less $$ than I pay per piece at home!! HTH

Lisa :)

Thanks All, it looks like the laundry bag is a good deal!

Yes Margaret, we will be doing 20 nights (2 X 10 night back to back) on the Legend ex Rome September 15 with the mid point being Monte Carlo on September 25. Hopefully many of the excellent staff from last years cruise on the Legend will still be there.

I understand that the band from last year (Seabreeze) is currently on the Pride.

perhaps you could do the laundry, rather than your wife.

I've always thought, "if I can afford Seabourn (yes, a solo sailor) I can afford the laundry/dry cleaning on the ship ~I don't take many laundry items ~I do use their dry cleaners ~excellent, I might add......and reasonable as well ~~I prefer to rinse out my "undenpinnings" myself! Rinse these out in your bathroom ~drape them, over a small colorful blown up balloon ~they dry in absolutely no time!! True ~ once my 'lit Housekeeper ask what my balloons were doing in my bathroom .......I replied, "Oh sweetie, these are for my special balloon dance tonight in the Club......" She said, "Oh, then I'll leave them right there!" (I am a true Southern Scalawag......) Wonder what the "talk" was that night in the Crew Bar?? Suite #137 ???

Happy Sailing

Martita B

Thanks All, it looks like the laundry bag is a good deal!

Yes Margaret, we will be doing 20 nights (2 X 10 night back to back) on the Legend ex Rome September 15 with the mid point being Monte Carlo on September 25. Hopefully many of the excellent staff from last years cruise on the Legend will still be there.

I understand that the band from last year (Seabreeze) is currently on the Pride.

Hello! sorry, yes, the Legend sails on the 25th. I got confused as we arrive in Nice on the 22nd for a short stay before we board! Obviously I won't meet you in the laundry room, although I have been known to frequent it! Looking forward to seeing the Legend again. We cruised on her in 2009 and 2010 but last year were on the Spirit. There was one of the bar staff from the Legend on the Spirit and he recognised us, which was lovely, although he mixed our gin and tonics rather strong for us!!! Hope to see some of the Legend staff from 2010 still on board.

Counting down the days now. Enjoy the 10 days from before we board and hope to say hello once we are on the Legend with you.

Archived