Suitcase storage

Hello all

Can you tell me is it possible to store empty suitcases under the bed?

Hubby thinks we should take holdalls because will fold down flat but i prefer suitcases.

So just wondered is there romm under bed to put them.

In case it makes a difference we have an inside cabin on Dream

Thanks

Hello all

Can you tell me is it possible to store empty suitcases under the bed?

Hubby thinks we should take holdalls because will fold down flat but i prefer suitcases.

So just wondered is there romm under bed to put them.

In case it makes a difference we have an inside cabin on Dream

Thanks

We have always had inside cabins on Dream and not had a problem. Our medium size fabric case (when full takes the full 23Kg luggage allowance to give you an idea) hasn't presented a problem storing it under the bed. Even the hard-shell one will go under as well although I think we have to just lift the edge of the bed to get it under but once clear of the edge there is more height so that fits in fine too (if that makes sense). You can always open the cases and put them under with the lid opened flat so they aren't as deep.

I agree with you preferring cases to holdalls. Since there is no free laundry room on Dream for ironing I think cases would give you a better chance of getting your clothes there with as little creasing as possible.

What about the Majesty? Ours are hard shell cases and we are in outside plus deck 4. Been too busy thinking about fitting things IN the cases that I didn't think about fitting the empty cases in the cabin!!

We managed the harder of the two by lifting the edge of the bed up and as Kruzseka says if you need to you can store it open.

We managed the harder of the two by lifting the edge of the bed up and as Kruzseka says if you need to you can store it open.

That's ok then Nell. Thanks for that.

Just been sorting out all the information gleaned on here about ports and looking for maps ready to print off and my 8 month old printer won't print! bleep, bleep, bleep Ep***. It's just decided it doesn't recognise the ink cartridges that have been in for months:eek: I've got a file and dividers ready to put all this info in. How annoying.

What about the Majesty? Ours are hard shell cases and we are in outside plus deck 4. Been too busy thinking about fitting things IN the cases that I didn't think about fitting the empty cases in the cabin!!

Little Nell had a different category of cabin to us which may be the difference (or size of case) but we couldn't get the hard shell one under the bed in the standard double in Majesty. We stood it at the side of the dressing table for a while then decided to put it under the dressing table and put the chair at the side of the dressing table as this gave us a little more room in front of the dressing table to move around (at least until I had to sit infront of the dressing table to do my hair - then DH couldn't really move around at all! :eek::D). You should be much better off than us though as your cabin is larger.

They will have to be ok as I am not buying anymore cases!! There are quite a few cases in the loft from past years and they are all bigger from times when we were not restricted by weight. There's even a case we used to carry an inflatable canvas type boat with the boat still in it.

Same with hand luggage - got a variety depending on the airline!!

Archived