Sunshine

tigerwilf

We're doing a B2B on the Sunshine January 26 and February 2 out of NOLA with 2 other couples. This will be our 2nd B2B and can't wait - I do hope they start enforcing the chair hog rules though. Read someplace that they are going to start hiring monitors for the Serentity decks but I can't find anything on the boards. Has anyone heard more about the enforcement?

We're doing a B2B on the Sunshine January 26 and February 2 out of NOLA with 2 other couples. This will be our 2nd B2B and can't wait - I do hope they start enforcing the chair hog rules though. Read someplace that they are going to start hiring monitors for the Serentity decks but I can't find anything on the boards. Has anyone heard more about the enforcement?

We're just off the breeze where they have been trying the 40 minute sticker system, works really well especially on sea days when peeps reserve seats & go back to bed or their balconies till the sun goes, quiet a few shocked faces on their return as their stuff had gone! Also worked well for the avid sunbather like me :) I felt comfortable spending 30/40 mins for lunch/slides etc knowing my sticker would advise guests I'd only been away under 40 mins....

• 1 month later...
There's been a Serenity deck on the last 4 ships we've sailed on, and they've enforced the 21 and over rule every time. (Not so much the chair hog thing, though!);)

Wait---Is the minimum age for the Serenity area 18 or 21??? I was hoping to enjoy this area with my 18 year old neice next June.

I am taking my niece on this cruise for her 18th birthday. I was going to do Europe on our own but with the costs of train tickets, hotels/hostels, and meals, it was much cheaper to do a cruise.
My sister and I sailed Destiny last October and my niece and I are in the exact same room that my sister and I were in :p Cheapo auntie here booked a 1A (the cheapest room) but our room has TWO windows. And I have already gotten $160 off of the fare as the price dropped after I booked.

[quote name='moopig']I am taking my niece on this cruise for her 18th birthday. I was going to do Europe on our own but with the costs of train tickets, hotels/hostels, and meals, it was much cheaper to do a cruise.
My sister and I sailed Destiny last October and my niece and I are in the exact same room that my sister and I were in :p Cheapo auntie here booked a 1A (the cheapest room) but our room has TWO windows. And I have already gotten $160 off of the fare as the price dropped after I booked.[/quote]

We booked a 1A, two porthole room, on the Sunshine for the June 16th cruise. We just had a similar room on the Freedom in August and LOVED it! Somehow, it felt more spacious, and seemed to have more storage nooks. Sometimes cheaper can be better!

[quote name='CdrescherRBL152']Don't know when the midnight buffett is but can someone tell how that little mircowave and your cc works so I can nuke some popcorn[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Somebody told me you had t swipe a credit card:eek: I am not paying extra for popcorn! :D enough is enough with the cutbacks:rolleyes:![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived