BACK From Legends 5/5 sailing

We are back and had a WONDERFUL time! I believe the best part was meeting all the Legendary ladies and Gents that we met here on our Roll call. I miss them all already!

I will tell you as much as I can in this post. Still kinda tired and may have to finish tomorrow.

Embarkation- SUPER! Got there at 10:30AM. Early, but perferct! They took us up to a lounge to fill out some papers and to wait for the cruise before us to leave. Well, we were onboard and enjoying our cabin by NOON! Loved it! I will get there that early everytime.

Cabin- We were in 6264 AFT. The room was very nice. The "extended balcony" was nonexistant. The extended part was under the slanted railing. Not much room out there at all. The view was magnificent though. I guess you have to decide which you want more. The seas were rough on our first day out. And being AFT made it that much rougher. I LOVED the ship and the view, but hubby was very ill due to the motion. I would not recommend this cabin to anyone that is prone to motion sickness.

Truffles Restaurant- Very nice. The food was good and abundant. The wait staff was very friendly. We were on the early seating and we never felt rushed. Don't miss the Melon Soup and the desserts!

Supper club- Didn't get to go. We were traveling with our 7 year old and thought that would be too much for her. We had friends that ate there and loved it! Said that they would eat there every time. The price by the way, just went up to 30.00. They said worth every cent.

Pool area- Great! The hard part is getting close enough to the food without walking too far! LOL All in all, very nice.

Unicorn cafe- Very good. We ate breakfast and lunch there everyday and it was very good. On formal night, they even had prime rib~ (Since hubby was in bed seasick as with most of the ship, we chose to eat there and it was great for dinner too.) Very nice, with omlets to order. homemade pizza and super salads!

Camp Carnival- Well, I think that it was better than the other 2 camps that I have seen. The location was not the best. VERY ROCKY! With the rough seas we had, there was lots of "puking" as my daughter would say! Her age group had a wonderful counselor, Ali from Cali. Very nice. However, my daughter did not like it. She was a bit nervous being away from me and I told them that. The second time she went there, her counselor was not there and there was another covering for her. Well, my daughter began to cry and asked them to call me and they said NO! PS- this went on for an hour and a half. Hubby had dropped her off while I was at the gym and they said to come back in 90 minutes. Well, after that, she would not go back again. Can't say as I blame her since I was the one that told her I was just a phone call away. Live and learn I guess? BUT, all the other children loved it and had a super time! My daughter was the exception.

Well, I will try and cover the ports tomorrow. If there is anything you are interested in knowing, ask away!

Till tomorrow,

Pattie

Hi Gingee,

The day we left, I checked the weather and they said there was a freak nor-easter heading up the coast. And, there was! It was a storm and rough seas. No, it wasnt scary. I never felt like we were n danger. Just high seas and lots of rain. Didn't see many people out and about though.

Happy sailing,

Pattie

Where did you check the weather. We leave next Thursday for our cruise but the cruise itself doesn't leave until Sunday so I won't be able to access the internet (that I know of) after Thursday.

Pattie-great review. Couldn't have said it better myself. It was great sailing with you guys.

Yes,the supper club was great. Well worth the money!

tHE DESSERTS were great,better and different than last year.Actually I thought like you did about the truffles restaurent. We had late seating with Albert and Jeffery.They were the best.

Ejoyed all the food on lido deck. New had a problem finding loungers on the upper decks,plenty of them available! We tried room service once and that was very nice.

Til we cruise again.

NBF

Archived