4 people in an owner's suite, Pearl

reefgirl

My husband, daughter, daughter's girlfriend and I are going on a pacific coastal cruise next month. We are currently in a haven two bedroom. I just noticed that an owner's suite is still available for not much more than I paid (plus the three bottles of booze offsets the price difference as I was going to order a bar setup). Has anyone stayed in this room with 4 people? How was your experience? In a picture on NCLs website it looks like their are two couches. Is that correct? Is the bedroom pretty private with the curtain drawn?

We sailed in the OS on the Jewel (sister ship to the Pearl) in February. Myself and DH in the Master, and DS and his best buddy on the pull-out sofa. It worked just fine. The Steward even made the pull-out up with two separate duvets, so that DH and his buddy each had their own cocoon. ;)

Don't let anyone tell it will be "too close quarters," either. It isn't! DH is 6'1", DS is 6'5", and his buddy is 6'4", and all three of them are rather broad-shouldered. We had plenty of space.

The curtain offers visual privacy, but doesn't do a lot to muffle sound, so be advised.

Book it if you can, because it's a fabulous suite, and having the two different balconies changes everything. Enjoy!!!:D

I know about the alcohol, but is the refrigerator kept stocked with complimentary sodas and water?

Oh yes! All the pop and fizzy water that you can possible drink! And, if you want all diet pop, they will take out the regular pop and keep it filled with diet!:eek:

My husband, daughter, daughter's girlfriend and I are going on a pacific coastal cruise next month. We are currently in a haven two bedroom. ..

No idea what the ages of the girls are, but I would have gone with the 2BR suite over the OS in a heartbeat. It has a separate bedroom and a separate bath for the girls. And they have their own TV in that room, plus a TV out in the living room. (not a living area). It has a TOTALLY SEPARATE master bedroom with its own bath. Doors, not curtains.

Which catagory OS did you get S3 or S2 - the two S2s are up on deck 15 above the Garden Villas - the four S3's are on the lower decks forward.

They do have different floorplans (both have the same perks) the S3 have two balconies and the bedroom is seperate from the living room by more than curtins. The S2 is one big room with a seperate bathroom.

In either case the girls would be sleeping on the sofa bed.

I agree that the 2br Family Suite might have had its benefits - esp the second bathroom :D

No matter what - enjoy

PS if all goes well I will be in Astoria when both the Jewel and Pearl are in town

No idea what the ages of the girls are, but I would have gone with the 2BR suite over the OS in a heartbeat. It has a separate bedroom and a separate bath for the girls. And they have their own TV in that room, plus a TV out in the living room. (not a living area). It has a TOTALLY SEPARATE master bedroom with its own bath. Doors, not curtains.

We've stayed in both the 2Br and the OS. Each has it's up-sides, and it's down-sides. The experience of the OS outweighs any negatives imho.

We will be in 10004. The girls will be 18 and 19. We did the 2br haven suite last year and loved it. We didn't really use the courtyard. I have always wanted to try the OS so I can't wait. I don't mind not having two full baths. Having the half bath should definitely come in handy, though.

Archived