I pad Compatibility with NCL Website??

punkincc

Like most people, I had problems connecting with NCL the past few days during the time they were having some sort of server problem. I mostly use my iPad.

Not hearing any more about the issue here, I assumed it was fixed, but was still unable to connect. It would mostly load, and then go to a blank screen. So I called NCL last night and was sent to the IT Dept where someone assured me the problem had already been fixed. He asked about my browser. When I told him I was using iPad he stated that safari was not compatible with their website. I asked why it had been compatible the last 50 times I used it there.

He had no answer to that.

Just wondering if anyone else using iPad is having this same problem suddenly.

Working as usual for me on the iPad. The screen goes black as it did before when the stupid popup to register for updates appears. Close that little window and proceed

I can' t get that far. As soon as the home page appears, it goes to a white screen even befor the popup for updates has a chance to appear.:confused:

I assume all iPads use Safari? Are you using a special NCL app for iPad?

I can' t get that far. As soon as the home page appears, it goes to a white screen even befor the popup for updates has a chance to appear.:confused:

I assume all iPads use Safari? Are you using a special NCL app for iPad?

Nothing special. Plain old Safari access to full site.

Not to sound like Captain Obvious but have your tried clearing history, cache, cookies?

Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestion, I am a techno-phobe. I did clear all of the above and tried again. Still goes to same white screen. I have tried going straight to the MY NCL page and it goes to white before I can get in the first few characters of my ID. I can get on with my desktop on Internet explorer, but the iPad is so much easier.

If no one has any more suggestion, I guess I'll call NCL again.

Just spoke to IT department at NCl @ 866-625-1160. She first said that their program update with the recent website issue had caused iPad not to be compatible with website. I pointed out that apparently some iPad users are not having problems and that also a MacBook user was having the same issue

She stated that the older versions of safari and firefox may not be compatible. (my iPad is a little over 6mo old). So iPad users are just SOL? She conferred.....and stated the programmers would be notified and took my phone number, but I will not hold my breath waiting for a call back.

If you are having a problem, I would encourage you to call the # and report it.

Seems ridiculous in this day and age to have a website not accessible by iPad.

Just spoke to IT department at NCl @ 866-625-1160. She first said that their program update with the recent website issue had caused iPad not to be compatible with website. I pointed out that apparently some iPad users are not having problems and that also a MacBook user was having the same issue

She stated that the older versions of safari and firefox may not be compatible. (my iPad is a little over 6mo old). So iPad users are just SOL? She conferred.....and stated the programmers would be notified and took my phone number, but I will not hold my breath waiting for a call back.

If you are having a problem, I would encourage you to call the # and report it.

Seems ridiculous in this day and age to have a website not accessible by iPad.

Not sure what the problem is and not sure I would trust anything the Jr High IT team says. My iPad is working perfectly in fact I just booked a cruise an hour ago using it. Maybe it is not an issue with older releases of Safari but newer ones. Happens a lot with new releases of IE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I don't care what you guys who have working systems say. The problem exists

for me on my IPAD 2. I have no problem with windows machines or android machines.

The problem is in their software and I hope they get it fixed before

they loose too many customers. ( I wonder what the amount of business is

through the web.)

Vinceboat

Archived