Earliest Check In Time?

patricel

Does anyone know the earliest check in time for the Pearl out of Miami? The flight I'm looking at arrives in MIA at 8:30am so I'm wondering how much time I would be waiting around until check in if I choose that flight.

Thanks!

We love getting on as early as possible (let the vacation begin). We usually get to the terminal around 10:30 or so. Might be a brief wait in line until they begin processing. But then you are among the first to process and with no waiting. Boarding sometimes then begins as early as 11:15, but usually 11:30 or so. This all assumes that the ship has no delays in getting the previous passengers off the ship.

Thank you for including the time of your flight arrival. That helps get much better answers.

If you want to board early, I would still do the early flight. By time you land, get off the plane, go potty, wander through the airport and get bags, it will easily be 9:30. Taking your time, it could be even later. Then you grab a cab and at the port in the 10 to 11:00 time frame. Might be a line to get in, but should move along soon.

I might consider getting something light to eat at the airport since you will not be on the ship until noon.

• 1 month later...
Is there anywhere to get something to eat at the airport after picking up bags in baggage claim?

In my experience baggage is at lower level and there isn't much down there. Here is the link to Miami International and their food options. http://www.miami-airport.com/food_beverage.asp I would just pack some snacks in my carry on and just head to the port. They will let you into the waiting area. You'll get to see lots of people off loading. Truly by the time you walk the long hallway and then hang out for your bag it maybe 9:30am to 10:00am before you get to the port and most people will be off loaded and you can hang with the rest of the uber excited folks ready to set sail! :D

and, thats assuming that you are not flying AA and they are still delaying most of the flights..:eek:..lol....its kind of scary to fly in the morning of your cruise...I guess I just think of all of the what if's and chose to get there the day before and get a motel for the night...but, thats just me...

Archived