Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter Observer pass RCCL?

princesstori

Looking to book my DD and myself on this excursion through the cruise line. Would like to have DH join us as a observer to take photos, however RCCL says to inquire on board to book the observer. I'm afraid to book the two of us, then get on board and find out we can't book him. Any one have experience booking the observer once on board? Did it go smoothly, or were there issues?

TIA!

Looking to book my DD and myself on this excursion through the cruise line. Would like to have DH join us as a observer to take photos, however RCCL says to inquire on board to book the observer. I'm afraid to book the two of us, then get on board and find out we can't book him. Any one have experience booking the observer once on board? Did it go smoothly, or were there issues?

TIA!

I was unaware that you could even board the ferry without a wristband of some sort. I don't think they sell them on the ferry.. I was just on the ferry last weekend. Didn't see anyone selling anything but soda.

I'd contact the dolphin encounter folks directly and see what they can do for you.

Rccl's ports of call excursions site shows that they sell the observer pass, but you have to wait until you are onboard the ship to purchase (actually it says "inquire onboard" which is why I was concerned). I know the dolphin encounter sells out quickly so I want to book DD and I now, was just concerned about there being an issue booking the observer once on the Indy. Guess I could always book all three of us on the encounter and cancel DH once onboard if we can do just the observer for him.

Just so you are aware if you are booking him as an observer so he can take pictures they will not let him. You are not allowed to take your own photos, they take a bunch for you and then sell them...this is one of their money makers...

Just so you are aware if you are booking him as an observer so he can take pictures they will not let him. You are not allowed to take your own photos, they take a bunch for you and then sell them...this is one of their money makers...

Not true at Blue Lagoon.. (only at Atlantis) .. we were just there this past weekend and took hundreds of pics from the nearby dock with 2 different cameras. We were just a few feet away from my niece and BIL.. with the dolphins.

as for the observer pass.. I doubt they sell out.

We were able to use our own camera during our Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon. We took lots of pictures but also bought some of the professional ones.

Archived