Has anyone done Celebrity Acapulco hike & snorkle?

janetmojo

I did it a in November, here's how it goes:

They take you from the pier directly to La roqueta Island, it's not a private island and they take you to Palao, where many other domestic visitors go to enjoy a day of fun and sun. They take you to their hut to store your belongings before heading out to the dirt trail, there is very little to see, sionce there are very few wild animals (we only saw 2 aztec dogs) on the island. But there are a few views that are very impressive. You end up at Las Palmitas beach for picture taking and just to touch the ocean water since it's to dangerous to swim because of the rocks.

After the 1 hour hike, you are given fins, snorkel equipment and you venture into the waters near the Palao restaurant. There isn't much to see, although we had a good time, the water was a bit murky. We got a small buffet lunch and back to the ship.

Overall it was good, althuogh if you've been to the Caribbean you may be quite dissapointed, since there is very little to see while snorkeling.

Thanks for the reply, it seems sometimes that a few of these farther south ports have less suggestions and reviews so I'm trying to figure out what would be fun. I'm pretty active but will be traveling with my parents and we may split up for day trips like this-I'd love to find a real good hike if the snorkeling isn't up to snuff.

Archived