Sapphire E728 - Noise from Club Fusion?

scotlady

• Administrators
Hi, really like the look of this cabin, but would like to hear from people who have stayed in it - just to know how noisy it is and how late the bands go.

This if for a June 2013 Alaskan cruise.

Thanks!

We were in this cabin for our Alaskan cruise this June and every now and then we could hear some bass-type thumping, but I don't remember ever hearing it after 11:00 or so. Even when we could hear it, the sound wasn't loud enough to prevent any of the three of us from sleeping (we tend to doze off early sometimes during cruises -- so much activity all day long)!

It was a great cabin; we really loved the extended balcony and the views to both side and aft of the ship (especially for the whales who prefer to wait until the ship passes to breach! We saw that happen 2 different times).

Hope you have a great trip!

Well, I love the Emerald deck minis. They have fully covered balconies and are in a quiet area of the ship. However, there have been reports of noise from Club Fusion in the last three cabins aft on portside including E728 because those cabins are directly over the stage. Some report mild noise and others report being disturbed by the noise. I have sailed in most of the Emerald minis on starboard side and a few of the minis furthest forward on portside and never heard a peep. If you are easily disturbed by noise, then try to book a starboard mini or book a portside mini further forward.

Hi,

I have a hold on cabin E728 on the Sapphire for the Alaska Southbound cruise next June.

I've researched the cabin here, and found two issues: noise from Club Fusion, and wind. Not too worried about the noise, as everyone says it ends by 11 pm or so. Plenty early for us.

BUT - I would really love to hear from anyone who has personally had that cabin (or E731) on an Alaskan cruise. Were there wind problems?

There is still another mini available portside for our sailing, so I could still switch, but I really like the look of the larger balcony, and I know it is partially covered. I don't know if the cabin further up, E716, is covered at all.

Appreciate any help I can get. It's always so hard deciding on the cabin . . .

Hi,

I have a hold on cabin E728 on the Sapphire for the Alaska Southbound cruise next June.

I've researched the cabin here, and found two issues: noise from Club Fusion, and wind. Not too worried about the noise, as everyone says it ends by 11 pm or so. Plenty early for us.

BUT - I would really love to hear from anyone who has personally had that cabin (or E731) on an Alaskan cruise. Were there wind problems?

There is still another mini available portside for our sailing, so I could still switch, but I really like the look of the larger balcony, and I know it is partially covered. I don't know if the cabin further up, E716, is covered at all.

Appreciate any help I can get. It's always so hard deciding on the cabin . . .

All the emerald deck mini's are covered. I have this room in a few weeks as well so a also interested in the wind factor.

The wind issue reports vary on that cabin. Some report not being bothered at all by the wind and others have complained it is so windy they don't feel comfortable on the balcony while at sea. The problem with that cabin is that it has a windbreak only on one side. The other minis have windbreaks on both sides. The noise issue reports also vary. Some report mild noise and a few report being really bothered by the noise.

If it were me I would book E716 because you can be sure of no wind or noise issues. The balcony is fully covered on E716. The only real advantage of E728 is a somewhat larger balcony, but the standard mini balconies seat 4 comfortably and have a dining table so the extra space is not really needed especially if there are just two of you in the cabin.

We were in the equivalent room on the Crown (E730). We heard the bass from the nightclub for about 5 minutes one night. It was a little windy but the extra room and the view were well worth it. We did Ultimate Balcony Dining in the room because of the wind.

We liked the room so much that we booked E731 on the Grand but caught a deal and upgraded to a Vista Suite at the last minute.

Thanks for the replies!

I did go ahead and book E716, just because I don't want to take a chance with the wind. Really plan on being out on that balcony a lot! Especially for the Ultimate Balcony dining.

Now I just have to settle in for the long wait until I can actually take the cruise! I guess there's always excursion planning to keep me busy :)

If it were me I would book E716 because you can be sure of no wind or noise issues. The balcony is fully covered on E716. The only real advantage of E728 is a somewhat larger balcony, but the standard mini balconies seat 4 comfortably and have a dining table so the extra space is not really needed especially if there are just two of you in the cabin.

Are you sure about this? I thought Emerald deck balconies were smaller and covered and sat 2.

Are you sure about this? I thought Emerald deck balconies were smaller and covered and sat 2.

Yes, I am sure.

Smalller than what? Dolphin minis? No. All the mini suite balconies are 9x7 except the one furthest aft on Emerald deck is somewhat larger. The mini suite balconies currently have 2 chairs, 2 footstools, and a dining table. Size wise they will seat 4 comfortably. Just ask for extra chairs (we got some on our May cruise) or move the chairs from inside the cabin onto the balcony. Until this year, they used to have 4 chairs on the mini balconies, but Princess recently reduced the amount of furniture on all their balconies.

By the way, standard balconies are 9x5 and Caribe balconies are 9x9.

Archived