Towel Animals

misstopgun

For the past few cruises I have considered asking our steward to forgo the towel animals. They take up additional space. I feel guilty when they get destroyed accidently. I have been on enough cruises to have seen them all. Last but not least, sometimes they make them out of our previously used towels, (they have been damp from time to time so that is my assumption) and that grosses me out a bit even if it is our own used towels. Especially knowing they were on the bathroom floor.

I hesitate though because I would not want to offend the steward if they feel this is part of their job or they feel they are extremely talanted at it and won't get to show us their talant.

I know personally I don't like wasting my own time doing things for others that aren't necessary or appreciated.

What does everyone else think. Would you ask your steward not to bother?

Last cruise, this past January, we only got a towel critter half of the nights ( to my young daughters dismay~ when she saw her cousin got one everynight).

Was fine with me, but making a bad snake and saying "Here it is" got old quick :)

For the past few cruises I have considered asking our steward to forgo the towel animals. They take up additional space. I feel guilty when they get destroyed accidently. I have been on enough cruises to have seen them all. Last but not least, sometimes they make them out of our previously used towels, (they have been damp from time to time so that is my assumption) and that grosses me out a bit even if it is our own used towels. Especially knowing they were on the bathroom floor.

I hesitate though because I would not want to offend the steward if they feel this is part of their job or they feel they are extremely talanted at it and won't get to show us their talant.

I know personally I don't like wasting my own time doing things for others that aren't necessary or appreciated.

What does everyone else think. Would you ask your steward not to bother?

I've never had a wet towel animal, If I did I would ask them to stop leaving them.. I usually save them up and have a zoo of towel animals. At the end of my trip I put them all together and leave cash on each one of them for the stewards.. : )

I love the towel animals, and look forward to seeing what was made for me every night. I take pics of them, and then unfold and use the towels the next day. I have never gotten a damp or used towel animal. If I ever did not get one, I would be sad :(

I find this kind of funny since so much talk here on the forums is about how much LESS Carnival is doing for their guests and giving their guests and here is someone who is asking for them to STOP something that most people usually enjoy so much!! To each his own I guess.

Also, we have cruised many times and have never had one of our towel animals made out of our used towels. I am like another poster who said they take them apart and use the towels as extras.

I don't think the steward would get offended, but why not just let it be? Towel animals are a part of cruising. That's like asking a hotel maid not to supply you with all that soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, etc. because you don't use or care for it. It's part of the experience so why not just pick up the towel animal and place it on the table :). They're too cute not to want.

I've never had a wet towel animal, If I did I would ask them to stop leaving them.. I usually save them up and have a zoo of towel animals. At the end of my trip I put them all together and leave cash on each one of them for the stewards.. : )

Last year I found instructions for making origami animals out of dollar bills. I left one of my origami dollars with each towel animal.....when I ran out of the origami ones I just put the bills in the towel animal's mouth :D

I think they use fresh towels. I have come in the room when the steward was making the towel animal. I have never seen them taken from one room to another either. That would be unhygenic.

I have asked not to have a monkey, don't like monkeys!

I feel the same as OP - I've gotten enough towel animals in my cruising career to last the rest of my life. They do take up room, and I never knew what to do with them.

So on one cruise (don't remember ship or even cruise line), I nicely told the steward that he didn't have to take his time making them for me, but he said his supervisor required it.

So now I just enjoy them. Thanks to the poster for the good tip to undo them and leave the towels for them to reuse next time. I just didn't want to offend the steward by taking the animal apart.

Love cruising, whether or not I have a towel animal.

Kathy

Geez, a wet towel animal would gross me out too. on our last cruise we got really good ones each night and although I never did this before I decided to line them all up across the sofa and planned to take a picture the last night. Unfortunately our room steward took them all away and stated that he was required to collect all the extra towels :confused: I was disappointed, but I got over it. This time I think our 2 year old will notice if we don't get one so hopefully there will be one (dry) nightly!

Archived