Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Yeah this thread is going to explode once that happens. Though that probably the time when I'm going to go into Breakaway Thread Blackout, meaning no finished interior shots of the ship for me until I get on board in mid-May!

Totally agree with your blackout concept; between "please post dailies" and the like, I just don't understand why some won't wait for the live experience.

Actually, I wish I had gone into interior blackout mode a week or so ago, prior to those few interior photos that hit this thread, looking all too similar to the Epic's inside public space, low ceilings and all. I'm excited about our late May sailing, but those shots were a bit of a letdown.

Absolutely! Especially with Andreas taking photos during the Rotterdam cruise. *hint, hint*:D

Oooohhhhh!!! Andreas' pictures have been amazing.

Too bad I have to wait so long for my cruise! At least I can hope to look forward to all the reviews! AND PICTURES!! Keep em coming! Can't wait to see actual pics of 13706.

Also, keep in mind that Loungerz (the OP of this thread) started this thread because he is on the Rotterdam overnighter and was going to do a "live" thread for us, with photos as well.

I've been following this thread since post #1 and I am really looking forward to Loungerz "Live from the Breakaway" here, as well as Andreas' amazing photos!!!

Count me as one who can't get enough pictures! :D We're on the Breakaway on May 26th but those 4 weeks between the TA and our sailing will be spent longing for as many pictures, reviews, and tips as possible. I've been excited since the day they made the Project Breakaway announcement! Stalking a ship is great fun!

Those cabins with the large - but very exposed balconies - will probably look something like this from the higher decks. Taken on our recent Diamond Princess cruise. Note the clothing (incl. smalls) left out to dry ...

DSC02206.JPG

I don't understand why the first comment that always comes up about these balconies is "very exposed". I dunno if maybe I'm just a much younger generation of cruiser, but I really couldn't care less if people can see me from above. You're on a ship for a week with a few thousand other people - people see you from time to time, it happens. I'd gladly exchange that for being able to have a balcony that is exposed to the sky. I sincerely hope that this sort of balcony grows as a trend in new cruise ships. And by the way in all honesty if it were me who saw the under garments on the balcony below and it bothered me, I would have no problem making a complaint with guest relations. Just my 2 cents. And no, for the record you won't see my drawers airing out on my balcony below ;)

And by the way the only difference with the Breakaway M6 balconies is that unlike these they won't have traditional white dividers, they'll have glass dividers (see original ship renditions), hence the white frames that have been installed on those balconies (glass hasn't been put in yet).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Totally agree with your blackout concept; between "please post dailies" and the like, I just don't understand why some won't wait for the live experience.

Actually, I wish I had gone into interior blackout mode a week or so ago, prior to those few interior photos that hit this thread, looking all too similar to the Epic's inside public space, low ceilings and all. I'm excited about our late May sailing, but those shots were a bit of a letdown.

Well at least the bathroom is all inclusive..as opposed to the Epic.:) When are you sailing in May. We are sailing on the 26th. Is it the same week? I've never actually heard of going into blackout mode....but if it makes you happy...go for it. It sort of reminds me of having a baby and being able to determine the sex before, but deciding not to find out until the baby is born.(My DS and DIL did this for both their children and it drove me insane...lol:)

Does anybody have a favorite shore excursion or place to go in Bermuda? We were there a while ago on NCL Majesty, one of the last boats that could dock in St. George. I'm looking at the catamaran/kayak/snorkel thing. All suggestions and opinions appreciated.

I'm taking the tour of the island the first day, then plan to go to the south beaches the next day. The last day, well I'll decide that then. From what I have read there is a party type atmosphere in the dockyard area Thursday night and the shops stay open later than usual that night. Double check if you decide on the Thursday night event. This was from last year.

I'm taking the tour of the island the first day, then plan to go to the south beaches the next day. The last day, well I'll decide that then. From what I have read there is a party type atmosphere in the dockyard area Thursday night and the shops stay open later than usual that night. Double check if you decide on the Thursday night event. This was from last year.

I!m on the TA from Southampton 4/30, and heard that all the staterooms on deck 5, have now been allocated for crew members, as their quarters will not be ready for this sailing. Does anyone know if this is correct. Seems strange.

I'm now wondering what else will not be ready for this sailing.

Also, is there anyway finding out what the passenger capacity will be on this sailing.

I!m on the TA from Southampton 4/30, and heard that all the staterooms on deck 5, have now been allocated for crew members, as their quarters will not be ready for this sailing. Does anyone know if this is correct. Seems strange.

I'm now wondering what else will not be ready for this sailing.

Also, is there anyway finding out what the passenger capacity will be on this sailing.

All I know is what I have read on the threads. One was what you just said and the other reason was because there would be a lot of extra NCL people on board that usually are not to make sure everything goes smoothly for the first sailing. It is a fact that a lot of passengers were moved to other decks from deck 5.

Deb,for us day 1 will be beach,day 2 beach,day 3 more beach.We usually stop at a store pick up some snacks and beverages ( no Heinekens lol...) and a quick stop or longer at the Frog and Onion.I think myself, Berzel(Ray) and yourself will make this our nightly stop.Just saying.

Well at least the bathroom is all inclusive..as opposed to the Epic.:) When are you sailing in May. We are sailing on the 26th. Is it the same week? I've never actually heard of going into blackout mode....but if it makes you happy...go for it. It sort of reminds me of having a baby and being able to determine the sex before, but deciding not to find out until the baby is born.(My DS and DIL did this for both their children and it drove me insane...lol:)

Yes, we will be onboard with you, thanks for asking. Seems we can't get enough of Bermuda, though this getaway is more for the Breakaway:)

Coincidentally, we just became great-aunt and -uncle for the first time several weeks ago, and our niece (the new mother) kept a gender blackout in place until the birth, which is totally out of character for her.

Anyway...back to our regularly scheduled programming, sorry all!

Those cabins with the large - but very exposed balconies - will probably look something like this from the higher decks. Taken on our recent Diamond Princess cruise. Note the clothing (incl. smalls) left out to dry ...

DSC02206.JPG

are those the M6s? Yuck.

Yes, we will be onboard with you, thanks for asking. Seems we can't get enough of Bermuda, though this getaway is more for the Breakaway:)

Coincidentally, we just became great-aunt and -uncle for the first time several weeks ago, and our niece (the new mother) kept a gender blackout in place until the birth, which is totally out of character for her.

Anyway...back to our regularly scheduled programming, sorry all!

You need to come join our group's sailing thread. There is a big group and we are doing a cabin crawl, gift exchange, slot pull, and poker run, all optional of course.

You know I think the M6 will have their fans, personally they are not for me. But I am sure that people that love lounging in the sun will love them. Different folks different strokes, the world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the same things.

I love all the info and pixs from this thread. I used to think I didn't want any info and would love the surprise but you know what, it is still gong to be a surprise. I can't wait for the live from breakaway post from the one nighter. I think it wil be hard to put in a lot of info from one night. Hoping someone from the transatlantic will also do a live from breakaway. Whoever does a live thread is very generous of there time and energy. I love this thread nite all

All I know is what I have read on the threads. One was what you just said and the other reason was because there would be a lot of extra NCL people on board that usually are not to make sure everything goes smoothly for the first sailing. It is a fact that a lot of passengers were moved to other decks from deck 5.

Thank-You - I guess that should be OK, as long as everything onboard is ready /done, before departing Southampton.

I!m on the TA from Southampton 4/30, and heard that all the staterooms on deck 5, have now been allocated for crew members, as their quarters will not be ready for this sailing.

My reservation still shows Deck 5, so it's news to me. We're Platinum so you'd think we'd be upgraded if they were giving them out.

You know I think the M6 will have their fans, personally they are not for me. But I am sure that people that love lounging in the sun will love them. Different folks different strokes, the world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the same things.

Yup, well put and fair enough. The one thing I will say regarding the standard balconies on this ship (maybe true of other NCL ships, but I can't vouch for that) is that to me they are extremely tiny. Of course I'm used to standard balconies on Oasis & Allure, which are approx. 50 sq. feet, with the standard balconies on Breakaway being only about 32 sq. feet. By my guess-timation that is probably like 9 feet by 3.5 feet (tiny!). Not sure how you can even have room to put a couple of chairs out there.

At any rate, while I don't plan to do a full on review of the ship itself (leave that one up to gambee ;)) I do plan to put together a solid review w/photos of my M6 as I'm sure I'll be the first to do so. Then at least everyone to can take that info and put it to good use when making their future cabin decisions on this ship (and Getaway). I know several people on CC already mentioned they were very much considering the M6 for a future Breakaway/Getaway booking, so hopefully I can help them out one way or another. For me (at least at this point) the combination of a massive and extremely unique type of balcony, unobstructed view to the ocean below, unbeatable 8th deck location, mini-suite, and very very minimal chance of noise issues all added up to a great option for us, and hopefully it works out that way :cool:

Yup, well put and fair enough. The one thing I will say regarding the standard balconies on this ship (maybe true of other NCL ships, but I can't vouch for that) is that to me they are extremely tiny. Of course I'm used to standard balconies on Oasis & Allure, which are approx. 50 sq. feet, with the standard balconies on Breakaway being only about 32 sq. feet. By my guess-timation that is probably like 9 feet by 3.5 feet (tiny!). Not sure how you can even have room to put a couple of chairs out there.

At any rate, while I don't plan to do a full on review of the ship itself (leave that one up to gambee ;)) I do plan to put together a solid review w/photos of my M6 as I'm sure I'll be the first to do so. Then at least everyone to can take that info and put it to good use when making their future cabin decisions on this ship (and Getaway). I know several people on CC already mentioned they were very much considering the M6 for a future Breakaway/Getaway booking, so hopefully I can help them out one way or another. For me (at least at this point) the combination of a massive and extremely unique type of balcony, unobstructed view to the ocean below, unbeatable 8th deck location, mini-suite, and very very minimal chance of noise issues all added up to a great option for us, and hopefully it works out that way :cool:

Oh my 32 sq. feet is the average? I thought the Allure was a good size, but anything smaller than that is just too small for us. I am really grateful that we were able to get that nice aft on deck 12 and it looks like a great size. I think that will be the largest balcony we will sail for a while, after that sailing I think it is back to inside cabins for us :/.

I will give you one thing, the M6 class offers something than no other balcony offer on that ship. A clear view to the ocean and that means gold for many, we are big fans of that.

32 I can't believe that, they did say the trend in the industry will be just that, packing more of us like sardines in cans.

I do still wonder about the dividers on the M6 cabins, hopefully they are frosted glass.

Oh my 32 sq. feet is the average? I thought the Allure was a good size, but anything smaller than that is just too small for us. I am really grateful that we were able to get that nice aft on deck 12 and it looks like a great size. I think that will be the largest balcony we will sail for a while, after that sailing I think it is back to inside cabins for us :/.

I will give you one thing, the M6 class offers something than no other balcony offer on that ship. A clear view to the ocean and that means gold for many, we are big fans of that.

32 I can't believe that, they did say the trend in the industry will be just that, packing more of us like sardines in cans.

I do still wonder about the dividers on the M6 cabins, hopefully they are frosted glass.

Yeah I had to double check my numbers with what insidecabins posted here, and what you see in that post was numbers for mini suite cabins. And the most basic of those mini suites are those with standard balconies (same balconies as regular balcony staterooms), and as you can see, they are only 32 square feet. This really came as no surprise to me, as if you look at many of A. Depping's photos, especially those that are close-up to balcony cabins, you can see that they really do look extremely tiny. I mean I don't even know how you can have much of a table out there for breakfast purposes.

As for the dividers, I too am (obviously) very interested. I mean I can't imagine that they won't at least be somewhat frosted. I may not be too incredibly concerned with privacy on the balcony itself, but at the VERY least you can have it such that your neighbor can stand in the middle of his balcony with a drink & cigarette and be able to look directly into your stateroom...that I would have an issue with, needless to say. So I'm sure that won't be the case.;)

Archived