Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Thanks everyone, I thought NCL was broken down with regular cabins, suites and the haven. I didn't know that suite perks start with The Haven.

I thought you either get suite perks, then Haven perks for Haven cabins and above.

Thanks everyone, I thought NCL was broken down with regular cabins, suites and the haven. I didn't know that suite perks start with The Haven.

I thought you either get suite perks, then Haven perks for Haven cabins and above.

There are also non-Haven suites. It's just that a mini-suite isn't a suite.

You are absolutely correct, although on the newer ships, ALL suites are Haven Suites. Mini suites are considered "regular cabins". Easiest way to tell them apart: All suites designators that start with an S get suite benefits, S followed by a letter (SA, SB, etc) do NOT get Haven perks, S followed by a number (S1,S2, etc) DO get Haven perks. Any other letter designator (I, O, B, M) are not considered suites, and therefore get no suite benefits.

Robin

We're on the Breakaway may 19...we downloaded our luggage tags...paper luggage tags...how long do you think they will last...Bon voyage

If you fold the paper luggage tags as indicated they are strong. We place them round the handle then staple them in place (hotel receptions always seem to have staplers). No problems on any of our cruises.

I'm not sure if I knew this - there's a private Haven sundeck AND vibe - which is different than Epic - on Epic there's posh for haven guests where you can buy your way in. So maybe Vibe is the buy a pass type place but the haven sundeck is TRULY Haven only?

Is this new news?

I'm not sure if I knew this - there's a private Haven sundeck AND vibe - which is different than Epic - on Epic there's posh for haven guests where you can buy your way in. So maybe Vibe is the buy a pass type place but the haven sundeck is TRULY Haven only?

Is this new news?

I was wondering the same.

Maybe this is old news but I think they updated the deck plans. The parts that used to say "still to come" are now filled in.

And I just emailed the developers of the Ship Mate app (Android) to let them know to please update their deckplans for Breakaway, as theirs still show the "still to come" areas. :cool:

I know I don't cruise for another 82 days but I couldn't stand it anymore. I booked our first shore excursion. Now I only have 36 days before I can book shows and dinner.

Can't wait,, it snowed in Albany again this morning. Need the warm...

I know I don't cruise for another 82 days but I couldn't stand it anymore. I booked our first shore excursion. Now I only have 36 days before I can book shows and dinner.

Can't wait,, it snowed in Albany again this morning. Need the warm...

Yuck it snowed? I'm a little downstate and it's COLD but no snow. You poor thing (and sorry to hijack but I went to the BEST gift store in your town Wit's End a few weeks ago. OMG I loved it!!!)

What excursion did you book?

So does this mean the ONLY difference between booking a mini-suite and a regular balcony is the size of the cabin?

Generally, yes. On the Epic some of the mini's also have a tub with the shower. On the Jewel class the 3rd and 4th person bed layout is different plus you get a tub. However, the biggest difference is generally adding 20-30 square feet to the room. Mini-suites do not get additional perks like butler, concierge, haven access, etc.

So does this mean the ONLY difference between booking a mini-suite and a regular balcony is the size of the cabin?

On most ships, the mini suite gets your more space, a bathtub, and a curtain between the bed and sofa. Not sure exactly what the differences will be on the Breakaway.

Robin

Is this new news?

From what we've established so far, you are correct. The Rpic also has a private Haven sun deck in addition to Posh.

Robin

From what we've established so far, you are correct. The Rpic also has a private Haven sun deck in addition to Posh.

Robin

it's not private for haven guests anymore. Lots of non haven guests there when I sailed in February. That's why I was wondering if it was truly Haven only. Time will tell! :)

Ok, new to NCL, now that I've clarified that mini-suites do not get suite perks, can you tell me where we can purchase spa passes and vibe passes and anyone know the cost of each?

Since we're staying in a "regular" balcony on deck 14, I'd like to at least get ahold of spa passes and any other priced perks.

Well there are other smaller differences. With regard to Breakaway, in some instances the balconies are larger on mini-suites, and the bathroom/shower area is not only larger but also has the multi-jet shower, as seen in the full suites. But otherwise, yes the square footage is the main difference.

Ok, new to NCL, now that I've clarified that mini-suites do not get suite perks, can you tell me where we can purchase spa passes and vibe passes and anyone know the cost of each?

Since we're staying in a "regular" balcony on deck 14, I'd like to at least get ahold of spa passes and any other priced perks.

As it pertains to Breakaway, no one really knows yet for certain, as folks are primarily making assumptions based upon experiences with Epic and other newer NCL ships. I've been saying that I'd be very shocked if one didn't have the option to purchase the spa and Vibe passes via their stateroom TV system, but until the first sailing (or until NCL clarifies this) we don't know for sure. I for one am not going to assume that NCL is going to make people do the stupid mad dash for the spa and/or guest relations desk, because I'm quite sure the last thing anyone wants to do is to engage in a stressful, crazy dash at the very moment they are supposed to be kicking off their vacation. ;)

As for prices, I'll let others fill that in as I don't have that info in front of me at the moment.

And I just emailed the developers of the Ship Mate app (Android) to let them know to please update their deckplans for Breakaway, as theirs still show the "still to come" areas. :cool:

And to follow up, for those of you who use Ship Mates the developer did reply to me this afternoon stating that the app will be updated soon to reflect complete deckplans :D

And to follow up, for those of you who use Ship Mates the developer did reply to me this afternoon stating that the app will be updated soon to reflect complete deckplans :D

That's great! I love that app.

By the way have you noticed that some of the most active CC members on this thread are on the May 19 voyage. That should make a very interesting trip :)

Thanks!! Yes, I use that app too.

Archived