Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

New here. I was wondering if anybody knew when Norwegian was going to let us book entertainment and dining options on NCL.com. I still cannot book mine yet :-(

They have been allowing booking online as long as you are 45 days or less until your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Will the fireworks continue AFTER the Bermuda schedule when the Bahamas and Florida cruise starts? Or is it only in the summer for the Bermuda cruises?

I'm curious about this as well. We want fireworks in December too!

Will the fireworks continue AFTER the Bermuda schedule when the Bahamas and Florida cruise starts? Or is it only in the summer for the Bermuda cruises?

Yes, second to last night at sea each week, starting with the first Bermuda run.

I never gave the barge idea any thought. It was my understanding that Disney launches from ship and I imagined breakaway would do the same. Given that both ships were built in the same shipyard.

Now I am really wondering how they are going to so this.

I never gave the barge idea any thought. It was my understanding that Disney launches from ship and I imagined breakaway would do the same. Given that both ships were built in the same shipyard.

Now I am really wondering how they are going to so this.

They will more than likely follow a variation of they way Disney does it. Having a barge follow you out every week would prove to be very expensive after a while. :)

They will more than likely follow a variation of they way Disney does it. Having a barge follow you out every week would prove to be very expensive after a while. :)

Do you mean that it (barge) wasn't going to be towed by the Breakaway!?!? :D;)

We're asking about when she goes to the other itineraries, like Bahamas. The release mentions Bermuda only.

i haven't seen anything official other than what you have read regarding the summer cruises and Bermuda for the fireworks. If I was to guess though I would think that it might be something permanent for all cruises...just a WAG though.

I'm super late getting on board for this thread. So, I was wondering if you kind folks might answer a few questions....

1. I see someone posted there is mini-bowling. Is that the same thing as regular bowling but just on a bit smaller scale?

2. Can someone tell me what a spa pass includes (i.e. thermal suite) and if it is co-ed?

3. Is there a movie theater?

4. Is there an adults only pool area?

Thanks so much! I'm overwhelmed with all that there is to learn about this ship.

I don't know much about fireworks' date=' but I do know on the Disney Dream they were fired off the starboard side, mid-aft area right behind the pools. They didn't sound like regular fireworks, but looked beautiful in the air! The show was at night, and by morning I couldn't find any evidence of where they were launched. The launch area was widely cordoned off, so you couldn't get close to the area to check it out...or get lit up![/quote']

Well, I can't speak for anybody else but I'll be lit up like a Christmas tree. Mid-Aft, huh! Maybe, Gambee will let them shoot them off his balcony. He says he wants a good view of them.;)

We're asking about when she goes to the other itineraries, like Bahamas. The release mentions Bermuda only.

I read it as the fireworks will be on ALL cruises, starting with the Inaugural Bermuda run.

MIAMI – January 8, 2013 – Norwegian Cruise Line is starting off 2013 with a “bang” by announcing that Norwegian Breakaway, the line’s newest ship debuting this May in New York City, will feature an exciting fireworks show on every cruise. The environmentally-friendly pyrotechnics display will dazzle guests on the second to last night at sea each week, after the ship departs Bermuda during her summer inaugural season.

As guests party the night away at the high-energy party under the stars in the open-air Spice H20 venue at the aft of the ship, they will be transported to the 1980s, where music and fun reigned supreme. In a breathtaking finale, a mesmerizing color-filled fireworks show will light up the night sky, right above the ship. The fully-produced show is a visual masterpiece that is set to a playlist of classic 80s hits including “Come on Feel the Noise,” by Quiet Riot; “Whip It,” by Devo; “Cherish,” by Madonna; “Final Countdown,” by Europe; and “Purple Rain,” by Prince. As the fireworks blast to the beat of the music, guests will enjoy an experience unlike anything else offered at sea on New York’s ship.

I read it as the fireworks will be on ALL cruises, starting with the Inaugural Bermuda run.

MIAMI – January 8, 2013 – Norwegian Cruise Line is starting off 2013 with a “bang” by announcing that Norwegian Breakaway, the line’s newest ship debuting this May in New York City, will feature an exciting fireworks show on every cruise. The environmentally-friendly pyrotechnics display will dazzle guests on the second to last night at sea each week, after the ship departs Bermuda during her summer inaugural season.

As guests party the night away at the high-energy party under the stars in the open-air Spice H20 venue at the aft of the ship, they will be transported to the 1980s, where music and fun reigned supreme. In a breathtaking finale, a mesmerizing color-filled fireworks show will light up the night sky, right above the ship. The fully-produced show is a visual masterpiece that is set to a playlist of classic 80s hits including “Come on Feel the Noise,” by Quiet Riot; “Whip It,” by Devo; “Cherish,” by Madonna; “Final Countdown,” by Europe; and “Purple Rain,” by Prince. As the fireworks blast to the beat of the music, guests will enjoy an experience unlike anything else offered at sea on New York’s ship.

They could expand it, but it looks to me like they are only committing to the summer season.

Well - we have just got an invite to tour the Breakaway whilst it is in Southampton! :D

Wander round the ship and lunch for £25 - redeemable against a booking within a year.

We shall be photographing everything - any suggestions as to what people want piccies of - please post. (e.g. power points in cabins; coffee machines; menus; etc.).

Well, I can't speak for anybody else but I'll be lit up like a Christmas tree. Mid-Aft, huh! Maybe, Gambee will let them shoot them off his balcony. He says he wants a good view of them.;)

I gave that a thought, but in the end came to the conclusion that it might scare mom ;). So my balcony is off limits for the fireworks :D

Well - we have just got an invite to tour the Breakaway whilst it is in Southampton! :D

Wander round the ship and lunch for £25 - redeemable against a booking within a year.

We shall be photographing everything - any suggestions as to what people want piccies of - please post. (e.g. power points in cabins; coffee machines; menus; etc.).

Steve, maybe we will see you and Marsha. We're on the overnight to Southampton. Will email you.

I gave that a thought, but in the end came to the conclusion that it might scare mom ;). So my balcony is off limits for the fireworks :D

C'MON! We could put mom in a safe cabin and have a party on your balcony. Drinks on me. Deal or no Deal?:D Who's in?

Everything you can get!!!!! We would probably take a toilet bowl at this point!!!!...lol...lol:)

Everything...PLEASE! Thanks!:)

Archived