Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Armando is my buddy!! loved him!! I do hope he is on the breakaway

So I'm guessing there were Martini Tastings on the Epic? So hopefully will have them on the Breakaway! :D I saw Day 1 dailies but didnt see mention of it unless I missed it. Hopefully more get posted soon!

So I'm guessing there were Martini Tastings on the Epic? So hopefully will have them on the Breakaway! :D I saw Day 1 dailies but didnt see mention of it unless I missed it. Hopefully more get posted soon!

The Epic had Maragarita and Martini Tastings back to back!! I was an Maragarita Tasting virgin prior to that cruise...so Epic has a special place in my heart !!FABULOUS...whew...good times! :D:D

We will know for sure on the May 12 sailing. keeping fingers crossed!!

Hey gambee, I had NCL to send it to me by email... you know get it in writing...

Hi Tiffany,

The Vibe Beach Club additional information was updated pp.

Day access passes will be $20 per person

Week access passes will be $79 per person

Full Sea Day Cabana Rentals – $99 for two guests

(includes day pass and $30 food and beverage credit to be used in Vibe)

Full Port Day Cabana Rental - $79 for two guests

(includes day pass and $30 food and beverage credit to be used in Vibe)

Full Cruise Cabana Rental - $299 for two guests

(includes week pass and $100 food and beverage credit to be used in Vibe)

Cabana price will reflect on guest purchasing and any guest wanting to access Vibe will need to pay the access pass.

I don't think that's bad at all. I would pay $300 for the week for my husband and myself. What do the cabanas look like?

First... I can't fine the information regarding the cabanas... adult only I presume?

Also, How does one figure out the configuration of the balcony rooms, where the bed and couch are located, etc..

My room will be a quad w a bunk off the wall? Out of the ceiling?

My friends room, right next door, is a triple.

Anyone know if they will take the divider off of the balcony area to make it bigger for 2 rooms side by side if requested? We were supposed to have connecting rooms and during building of the ship they did away with our room being connected.

Thanks!

On the Epic, at least if you wanted to book right after embarkation, there was a twist. I'll let Don tell you about that, since he has a way with words:

Originally Posted by DGP1111 viewpost.gif

Aha, I forgot a step in the embarkation schedule, and that was to make reservations for the Ice Bar. The three of us would be doing quite a bit of dining and activities together during the week, and we'd (much more Tom than me) strategically planned the schedule, and done all the online reservations for things that could be pre-planned.

But Ice Bar has to be arranged once onboard, and I wanted to get that done soon. Checked with crew to make sure where to go for that, and I got the 'very obvious' anwer. "Just go to Le Bistro".

Huh, What??!! :eek:

No, I need to make Ice Bar reservations, hopefully for three people tonight.

Yes, go to Le Bistro, and they'll be happy to assist.

Well, who am I to question things as this point, still rather dependent on the map I was issued at check-in (Yoo-Hoo . . . other cruise lines . . . there's an interesting concept as well).

Got to Le Bistro and the two nice ladies at the table wanted to know if I was making restaurant or Ice Bar arrangements. Well, what do you know, I am in the right place. Go figure. Easy peasy to make those plans, as we were the first three on the list for the evening (and we were scheduled for right after it opened)

Tom

I remember that post from Don before I sailed on the Epic but it is no longer true. The Epic has a podium right outside the Ice Bar to make reservations.

I've been following the live blogger's photos from the Breakaway and have also seen the reservation podium outside the Ice Bar.

I remember that post from Don before I sailed on the Epic but it is no longer true. The Epic has a podium right outside the Ice Bar to make reservations.

I've been following the live blogger's photos from the Breakaway and have also seen the reservation podium outside the Ice Bar.

It certainly makes more sense that way!

Thanks!

Tom

Are the Taste and Savor menus the same? Same food each night? What about Manhattan Room? I saw that surf and turf is on night one in I like Savor, will it be in Taste as well? (Not sure if this is known or a detail we're all still waiting for!) :) Thanks!

On the Epic Taste and the Manhattan Room had almost identical menus, usually one item would have a different sauce than the other dining room. I would think all three MDR's on the Breakaway will be nearly identical.

The nice this is at lunch they put out the dinner menus so you can go and check them all out :)

On the Epic Taste and the Manhattan Room had almost identical menus, usually one item would have a different sauce than the other dining room. I would think all three MDR's on the Breakaway will be nearly identical.

The nice this is at lunch they put out the dinner menus so you can go and check them all out :)

Thanks!!

Anyone know if they will take the divider off of the balcony area to make it bigger for 2 rooms side by side if requested? We were supposed to have connecting rooms and during building of the ship they did away with our room being connected.

Thanks!

I am wondering about this too!! Hoping to make our TEENY balcony seem a TINY bit bigger this way! :)

First... I can't fine the information regarding the cabanas... adult only I presume?

Thanks!

I have not read anywhere that it is adult only. However i do believe that they did VIBE this [charge] way to prevent the problems POSH[Epic] was having. There were numerous complaints about kids taking over and other haven guests could not enjoy the area. But NCL always said nothing could be done. So now they have the fix. You will have to pay for your children to go to the vibe area. Most folks will not do that. This means fewer children. If it were free to haven you can’t tell someone’s family member that they can’t come in its apart of the haven perk.

Now, you say you are welcome but we are going to charge you. That eliminates those unruly children, and a takeover. If you think about it, it was the best way to fix that problem and still be 'politically correct'. So NCL must have heard the complaints from the haven guests. IMHO... (This is all conjecture:D)

*side note: it does suck that haven folks are paying $$$$$ and still have to pay more $$. I personally would be slightly pissed but...

EDIT: i JUST LOOKED AT MY INFORMATION AGAIN. IT IS FOR "EXCLUSIVELY FOR THOSE 18 AND OVER" (my bad)

Yes adult only!!

Also, How does one figure out the configuration of the balcony rooms, where the bed and couch are located, etc..

Its hard to explain...maybe someone could do a map with circles... Gambee?????

My room will be a quad w a bunk off the wall? Out of the ceiling?

Out of wall. They are a bit low from the pics.

My friends room, right next door, is a triple.

A triple is usually having the sofa transform into a bed.

Thanks!

Ok, I hope this helps a little bit. Ask Gambee if he can do a map.

I just pulled the pics of the cabanas up - definitely getting one. How many are there?

Well for those interested in getting a cabana, you'll probably have to be quick about it, since there are only 5 of them (see this link for an aerial image).

OK I gonna say it. If you have the $ for a suite, you have the $ for a Vibe pass.

As far as I am concerned I already DID pay $$$$

SMH

iimmie, I agree with you 100%, and I am not in a suite, just a measly M6. And I think I paid for a lounger to enjoy my Large Balcony. It seems the addage 'You get what you pay for' is losing it's meaning on some.

OK I gonna say it. If you have the $ for a suite, you have the $ for a Vibe pass.

Couldn't agree with you more, well put. Realistically NCL made the mistake of opening a pandora's box by including Vibe/Posh access to suite guests in the past. Again, big mistake on their part, because now suite guests are expecting it.

Okay, don't throw anything at me, but, IMHO, if one can and does pay for a suite than this is one of the 'perks' of doing so. You're paying more so you get more. No difference than getting a room at a hotel on the floor that gives away free drinks and apps. You pay extra to be on that floor.

Harriet

who is NOT in a suite

Okay, don't throw anything at me, but, IMHO, if one can and does pay for a suite than this is one of the 'perks' of doing so. You're paying more so you get more. No difference than getting a room at a hotel on the floor that gives away free drinks and apps. You pay extra to be on that floor.

Harriet

who is NOT in a suite

I'm not going to throw anything at you.:) Though the list of suite perks is determined by NCL and can be changed as they see fit. However if I had booked with the understanding that it was part of that list, I'd be a bit ticked if it was then "taken away".

Fortunately we have no interest in Vibe (we never used Posh). We just don't hang out on the upper decks. The majority of our "outside" time will be spent on our balcony - save some exploring time, hot dog acquisition time, and slide time! :D

Tom

To partially answer the balcony opening to the one next door, it used to be possible, then "they" decided it wasn't safe to have them open while at sea, so your cabin steward could open them while in port. Not sure how it will work on the Breakaway. On my Jan cruise on the Jewel, we got them opened. Had 4 rooms together.

Harriet

who is NOT in a suite

Not bashing you, but I don't see anything in the suite amenities, listed for the Breakaway, that states you get vibe access. Did I miss it?

Harriet

who is NOT in a suite

THANK YOU Harriet!

Now that reviews are coming in, has anyone read anything about Carlos Bake shop? I've been looking but I have not found anything regarding how good are the 'treats'. Is it worth the hype to pay extra for the sweet treats? I have seen pictures, but nothing on anyone trying anything yet. The cakes and all look very good.

Now that reviews are coming in, has anyone read anything about Carlos Bake shop? I've been looking but I have not found anything regarding how good are the 'treats'. Is it worth the hype to pay extra for the sweet treats? I have seen pictures, but nothing on anyone trying anything yet. The cakes and all look very good.

I saw sfogliatelle (Lobster tails) in the pictures and hopefully they are as good as the ones from Carlos here on land. Now if they have their crumb cake tat could be hard to pass up.

Archived