Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Gambee,

thank you for taking time out of your vacation to keep us in touch, that is very kind of you. Good to hear they (hopefully) will be taking care of your light today. Last time we sailed on RCL, we felt vibrations in our aft balcony cabin as well, I guess it all depends on how much you want to let it bother you.

Guess if you had a late night, it must have been fun! Enjoy beautiful Bermuda!

That is correct. It vibrates a lot. But only pulling Into and out of port. Other than that it was ok.

I also think they are fixing my light today.

We were in an aft-wrap on Carnival last year and it also vibrated when we pulled into and out of port. I thought it was because it was an "older" ship, but the aft vibration must be expected on any ship.

We are in Bermuda with very nice weather. I am a but exhausted from last night. In addition to that the ship rumbled early this morning when they started moving to enter the island. So I am running on little sleep. We bought to wifi cards and are now catching up with tech life.

I believe I have a pic of his tub. I'll post once home. But he took a video. It should be floating around here somewhere.

Thank you so much you're a sweetheart.

I hope you get some sleep tonight. Have a great time Hun!

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!:D I thought that Config A was only on decks 14 and 11? In the aft pic, those are the only decks with the different windows?

Mimi:)

Sorry, your right I got it wrong in my post. :o Spreadsheet correct.

S6

Config. A on decks 11, 14 Bedroom w/ windows

Config. B on decks 9, 10, 12, 13 Bath w/ windows

I was happy to FINALLY see a pic of 13706 also! I notice they have a different layout too...

and it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. I wouldn't pay full suite price it by any means, but it's a lot better than I had pictured!

Yay, then we will know when we're leaving. :) Last time we were in the center of the ship and had no clue.

And it's also good for waking up in the morning so you don't sleep thru pulling in to port. I love the aft-facing balconies. Just booked the Epic again for Feb 2015 - same corner aft LOL

I think his head is just a little too big for his body ....

That would explain his take on the floating head of lady liberty! :D That seemed extraordinarily rude. If he has such an issue with being recognized and being polite to the public, here's an idea--don't go on the cruise ship that has your artwork all over it. Makes me dislike the artwork even more now, knowing what a pompous arse he is.

The days of "celebrity" type people being gracious seem to be relatively over. I remember as a kid, seeing (those who are from Boston will know who this is) Kevin McHale at Fanuel (sp?) hall and he was very kind and even autographed a napkin for me. To think that an artist who they made such a big deal out of, that painted the hull "art" on the ship and is on (most likely a free) cruise on said ship, you would think he would expect people to recognize him and want to take photos. I'm sure he's done it thousands of times already, but you would think both the artist himself and NCL wouldn't want the bad press.

Not like Gambee walked up to him and said "Hey I think your hull art stinks" Sheesh.

That would explain his take on the floating head of lady liberty! :D That seemed extraordinarily rude. If he has such an issue with being recognized and being polite to the public, here's an idea--don't go on the cruise ship that has your artwork all over it. Makes me dislike the artwork even more now, knowing what a pompous arse he is.

Same here. And he's been on that ship since May 8th. Jerk.

Been a while since anyone's asked, but I'm here to report that the HSN credit still can be had. I apparently break every rule; I booked before May 1, and my cruise is inside the cancellation period. Not to mention I booked with Costco, not directly with NCL. So the first guy to answer the phone was skeptical; he seemed to think I could get the $100 but only if I cancelled and rebooked, which would cost me more than $100. But when he transferred me to the department that deals with Costco people like myself, that guy just tacked the $100 on to my existing credits, no problem at all. So more evidence supporting the keep-calling-back, just-depends-who-you-get crowd.

Noise from H2O parties does leak into aft balconies, how loud? well that is a personal opinion. For me it is not horrible, but is audible when the balcony door is open. I can actually make the name of each song from my bed (keep in mind my balcony is deep, shallow ones might have more noise). Party in deck 16 i am on 12. So this might be the first big issue with aft balconies… At least they play good music. In the morning you can also hear the boom from the base, they start fitness classes for 45 minutes at 8am, in case of time change like today at 7am :/.

Looks like I made the right decision months ago after discussions on this forum regarding noise from H20. I switch from deck 14 to 11 and it was a good move. Deck size should be fine. Thanks Gambee!

Looks like I made the right decision months ago after discussions on this forum regarding noise from H20. I switch from deck 14 to 11 and it was a good move. Deck size should be fine. Thanks Gambee!

.....does anyone know what the balcony sizes are on deck 11? My balcony, 9320, is supposedly 158 sq. ft. according to NCL.

:confused:

wasiii

.....does anyone know what the balcony sizes are on deck 11? My balcony, 9320, is supposedly 158 sq. ft. according to NCL.

wasiii

Scroll back some and you'll find a Google doc from bear that at least has the ranges on it.

Scroll back some and you'll find a Google doc from bear that at least has the ranges on it.

.....but that is ranges for the whole lot of them. I was wondering if anyone reported on deck 11 by itself.

wasiii

I can confirm the noise and the vibrations on the s6 is loud. But does t bother me.

Love the ship. Ocean blu was very good at $35 no way worth $49. Haven is beautiful.

Will work on bath pic.

Shaun07. How is the havens restaurant? And all facilities? Is it worth it to pay that much for Havens? Is the spa worth it? Thank u.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wasiii

If it's not one of those tunnel balconies, then don't give it up! The higher decks have those tunnel balconies. Look at the pics!

I can confirm the noise and the vibrations on the s6 is loud. But does t bother me.

Love the ship. Ocean blu was very good at $35 no way worth $49. Haven is beautiful.

Will work on bath pic.

Thank you so much Hun!:D

I agree with all said about Max, I had just started liking his art work. Now I am almost back again at square one. Just an overall sad experience, I was so proud of myself that #1 I recognized him and #2 got the courage to approach him (first for me ever!, I would never imagine being able to approach a famous person and talk to them).

Busy day in Bermuda.

All I will for now is that Bermuda is by FAR! The most incredible island I've ever been too.

So tired... We have reservations for bistro tonight. So far Teppa is my favorite restaurant.

Been a while since anyone's asked, but I'm here to report that the HSN credit still can be had. I apparently break every rule; I booked before May 1, and my cruise is inside the cancellation period. Not to mention I booked with Costco, not directly with NCL. So the first guy to answer the phone was skeptical; he seemed to think I could get the $100 but only if I cancelled and rebooked, which would cost me more than $100. But when he transferred me to the department that deals with Costco people like myself, that guy just tacked the $100 on to my existing credits, no problem at all. So more evidence supporting the keep-calling-back, just-depends-who-you-get crowd.

Thank you. For three days I have been trying to accomplish this and after 6 calls, I still had the same answer - it cannot be applied to an existing reservation. Lo and behold, I gave it one more shot and it worked! I am 5 months out, booked directly with NCL, my PCC couldn't help, etc. but after reading your post, I tried again and got a very helpful PCC, who will get my future business.

Marilyn

If it's not one of those tunnel balconies, then don't give it up! The higher decks have those tunnel balconies. Look at the pics!

.....it is one of the tunnel balconies, what are the issue with them?

wasiii

Archived