Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Norwegian Breakaway’s Hull is Becoming a Colorful Canvas!

The team at the yard is in the process of applying Peter Max’s colorful hull art work design to Norwegian Breakaway’s signature hull! Check out these incredible photos:

http://www.buildingbreakaway.ncl.com/2013/01/norwegian-breakaways-hull-is-becoming-a-colorful-canvas/

Does anyone else think the aft facing cabins that the balconies look bigger the lower you are??

I agree with you, it seems like deck 12 hits a prime size. Above are smaller and below 12 seems to be about the same size.

3366_10151492136891414_1177470655_n.jpg?dl=1

Honestly I was expecting something more than what we already know. Come on NCL give me more :D

What do you think about booking a cabin on Deck 5 ughhhh. Has the medical center and I am assuming that is the deck you get off/on for ports of call???

That is the only deck with family OC cabins.

I am torn between the family OC cabin that is a larger room or 2 inside cabins on deck 13

Thoughts?? I think I would rather have 2 bathroom for 5 of us then a window.

What do you think about booking a cabin on Deck 5 ughhhh. Has the medical center and I am assuming that is the deck you get off/on for ports of call???

That is the only deck with family OC cabins.

I am torn between the family OC cabin that is a larger room or 2 inside cabins on deck 13

Thoughts?? I think I would rather have 2 bathroom for 5 of us then a window.

We are booked in a family oc. I am not thrilled about five of us sharing a bathro, but when I weighed it out, I felt that all of us being in the same room was a good choice for us. We originally had connecting insides on deck 12, but have recently discovered that our middle son gets motion sick on car rides and it's probably better that we re lower and midship. I also think ( or at least hope) that it'll be quiet. We are under the library and card room.

I agree with you, it seems like deck 12 hits a prime size. Above are smaller and below 12 seems to be about the same size.

3366_10151492136891414_1177470655_n.jpg?dl=1

Honestly I was expecting something more than what we already know. Come on NCL give me more :D

My bet they are all about the same size. The difference is how far back the cabin sits. Decks 13 and 14 will have more cover. The lower you go the more passengers are staring down into your balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

My bet they are all about the same size. The difference is how far back the cabin sits. Decks 13 and 14 will have more cover. The lower you go the more passengers are staring down into your balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I did a lot of research before booking our room on deck 12, I forgot where but I had some good clear pictures. I could only find one, I am too tired to look for the other ones.

block-69-1_zps1b6ab217.png

as you can see deck 12 seems to be the one with the largest balcony. Another thing that you might want to check out is that deck 11 and 10 add another room to the deck and that pushes the aft roow backwards. That is why the balcony size remains fairly close to the one on deck 12. Deck 12 and 13 have the same amount of rooms and deck 14 has one less. In this next picture you can actually see how deck 13 might actually the one with the least amount of space in the balcony and like I said deck 12 seems to be the most out of all them.

block-69-2_zpsa35208e2.png

I hope I can make myself clear, I am so tired, can't even think right :D

If you have any further questions let me know. Maybe I can try to clarify myself.

BTW, all this can be confirmed on the deck plans, I remember dedicating a few hours in there before booking. Hopefully I am right, if not, oh well what can you do.

I do agree with you in that deck 13 &14 can view into deck 12, but hopefully their view is limited because of the slant.

I did a lot of research before booking our room on deck 12, I forgot where but I had some good clear pictures. I could only find one, I am too tired to look for the other ones.

as you can see deck 12 seems to be the one with the largest balcony. Another thing that you might want to check out is that deck 11 and 10 add another room to the deck and that pushes the aft roow backwards. That is why the balcony size remains fairly close to the one on deck 12. Deck 12 and 13 have the same amount of rooms and deck 14 has one less. In this next picture you can actually see how deck 13 might actually the one with the least amount of space in the balcony and like I said deck 12 seems to be the most out of all them.

If you have any further questions let me know. Maybe I can try to clarify myself.

BTW, all this can be confirmed on the deck plans, I remember dedicating a few hours in there before booking. Hopefully I am right, if not, oh well what can you do.

I do agree with you in that deck 13 &14 can view into deck 12, but hopefully their view is limited because of the slant.

nice work on the balconies!!. .They look huge!!

This is a bit of a guessing game but if you figure the aft wall of windows is the same size on every floor then looking at the deck plans for floors 10 and 12 it looks like the INTERIOR of the cabin on 10 is bigger. 12's wall (beside cabin 12906) goes straight back. 10's wall cuts into cabin 10914 giving it a little more space. But who knows.

Hopefully the getaways aft will be in view of the webcam soon and we may be able to get some new insights

Great explanation.

We booked deck 14, only reason is it looks like to be the most private.

If you compare this aft to slanted afts from other cruise lines, like Voyager class ships on Royal Caribbean, lowest deck will have the biggest balcony, equal to a size of a cabin.

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_73887688/gallery.html

Good Morning to all

My qestion is ! If you are stay in a Spa room due you have to pay the extra money to go and used the Spa and pool. The pice last year was around 250.00 per couple up from 199.00.

Thanks for any help given.

To my understanding, no. It's included. And now the price that I was quote was $146pp/week or $39pp/day. So I guess it went up again.

Great explanation.

We booked deck 14, only reason is it looks like to be the most private.

If you compare this aft to slanted afts from other cruise lines, like Voyager class ships on Royal Caribbean, lowest deck will have the biggest balcony, equal to a size of a cabin.

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_73887688/gallery.html

I was looking into deck 14, but I got scared cause the Cafe is right on top, not sure how loud it will be. Also keep in mind that the cafe people can also view into your balcony(from the looks of it, I could be wrong). Privacy is a complicated thing with aft balconies, I guess it is the price to pay for those amazing views.

AFT pics just cost me more $$$! :eek: Changed booking. :) Second cruise, second AFT. See a pattern? :D

I hope you like it :)

nice work on the balconies!!. .They look huge!!

This is a bit of a guessing game but if you figure the aft wall of windows is the same size on every floor then looking at the deck plans for floors 10 and 12 it looks like the INTERIOR of the cabin on 10 is bigger. 12's wall (beside cabin 12906) goes straight back. 10's wall cuts into cabin 10914 giving it a little more space. But who knows.

Hopefully the getaways aft will be in view of the webcam soon and we may be able to get some new insights

Unfortunately I dont think the web cam will give us any more info. Since they started building Getaway breakaway is all the way in the front. I think we have to wait until they either post more pictures or until they take it out to the lagoon and I can get my hands on some pictures ;)

Is there going to be a promanade deck that you can walk around the outside of the ship? Not sure if they were going to have that along with the Waterfront?

From the looks of it no, it seems that they made that into the waterfront. For us is a change welcomed, a lot of times that area goes unused because it is isolated from everything else. On the other hand I know there are people that like to go read over there because it is nice and secluded.

Which sailing will you be on? We also have a balcony in the 14th.

November 3rd. I was able to book an oceanview with an online TA and received a free upgrade to balcony, some OBC $$$ and deferred deposit. I got a great deal.

Archived