Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Don't count on it.. My guess: If it was planned the structural steel/welding works would have been finished in this stage.

Unfortunately this is what I think as well. I wish there would be a open area above the bridge but based on all the renderings and the physical model there is nothing there.

Having said that, if there is indeed nothing there, why are the windows recessed and doesn't extend all the way out to the edge of the overhang above?

Either way, I think it's safe to say that there won't be exercise equipment there. Aside from being exposed to the elements, the noise/banging that the equipment and people create will drive the captain crazy lol.

Unfortunately this is what I think as well. I wish there would be a open area above the bridge but based on all the renderings and the physical model there is nothing there.

Having said that, if there is indeed nothing there, why are the windows recessed and doesn't extend all the way out to the edge of the overhang above?

Either way, I think it's safe to say that there won't be exercise equipment there. Aside from being exposed to the elements, the noise/banging that the equipment and people create will drive the captain crazy lol.

Deck 17 is open forward facing and 3/4 public space.

Deck 17 is open forward facing and 3/4 public space.

I guess we'll see soon enough! :)

Side note, anyone knows what this gigantic box is on the pool deck? Seems like an odd place to place such a windowless structure when open deck space is already at a premium.

Whatisthis_zps21c7f231.jpg

I guess we'll see soon enough! :)

Side note, anyone knows what this gigantic box is on the pool deck? Seems like an odd place to place such a windowless structure when open deck space is already at a premium.

Whatisthis_zps21c7f231.jpg

I would assume this structure contains equipment of some sort, most likely HVAC or electrical type equipment. You have to put it somewhere.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there seems to be some work missing. I believe when they floated out the Aida ship past month she already had the life boats attached.

You have a sharp eye. In most other cases the lifeboats are already fitted to the ship prior to float out. What makes Norwegian Breakaway different is that the lifeboats extend out from the hull of the ship, and are not recessed within the hull or mounted on the promenade deck. That extra width would prevent her from being able to leave the builders hall. If you look close, you'll also see the lifeboat davits are in an upright position extending well above the boardwalk promenade. From the artist renderings they will actually be just below deck level once lifeboats are attached as to not obstruct the view.

Here's a picture of the builders model showing the extension of the lifeboats away from the hull. You can imagine the extra width it creates when you consider both sides of the ship and trying to squeeze through that exit door. Don't want to scrap any paint on the way out. ;)

8506139407_e1ba050e59_b.jpg

I never thought of that, my immediate thought was "OH NO, THEY ARE BEHIND SCHEDULE :eek::eek::eek:" :rolleyes::D

One other thing you can see in that picture from the web cam is that it appears most all of the balcony dividers are in place.

And no need to worry about schedules, Meyer Werft is the best in the industry.

Good thing I am off from work tomorrow :)

I work the midnight shift again tonight, so I'll be there watching the web cam. ;)

It's funny, I'm not even booked on the ship and I'm excited. It's been the same way for the last two of the Dream-class ships of Disney, and all five of the Solstice-class of Celebrity, as well as the last several of the AIDA ships. Love watching a new cruise ship being born! :D:D

You have a sharp eye. In most other cases the lifeboats are already fitted to the ship prior to float out. What makes Norwegian Breakaway different is that the lifeboats extend out from the hull of the ship, and are not recessed within the hull or mounted on the promenade deck. That extra width would prevent her from being able to leave the builders hall. If you look close, you'll also see the lifeboat davits are in an upright position extending well above the boardwalk promenade. From the artist renderings they will actually be just below deck level once lifeboats are attached as to not obstruct the view.

That's exactly it, also recall that the Reflection had her funnel attached after the float out due to height restrictions for the construction shed.

Remember that the float out is simply a relocation of the ship, she's not finished yet. :)

Archived