Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I work the midnight shift again tonight, so I'll be there watching the web cam. ;)

It's funny, I'm not even booked on the ship and I'm excited. It's been the same way for the last two of the Dream-class ships of Disney, and all five of the Solstice-class of Celebrity, as well as the last several of the AIDA ships. Love watching a new cruise ship being born! :D:D

Lol me too, I just find the construction of these ships fascinating. :D

Myer Werft will post the video on YouTube. You can access it directly from the Myer Werft Website.

On most of their previous Float Out videos, they've condensed them to under 2 minutes. Now, I'm not saying I'd want to sit and watch hours worth of video, but it would be nice to have more than 2 minutes.

Yep, the webcam link is on Meyer Werft's main page, looks like weather is fine and the floatout should happen on schedule.

Can't wait!! :D

I think it's bold, colorful, and fun (sig may be too large). The vid psychs me up for my shot at the Breakaway. But the vid also raises a few questions I've had for a bit: will everyone make it up the up part of the water slides, or will some get stuck (at Chucky Cheese, they have hatches to rescue folks in the tubes, same here?)? Also, is there a hull balc for deck 13 fwd facing penthouse? And the website for the fwd facing penthouses has 'portholes' in the bathrooms, but I've never seen them in any photo so far.

Inspirational vid, at least to me.

After watching that video that further assures my prior thoughts. Peter max hull art is absolutely HIDEOUS, I just hate it. Good thing I am not buying the ship :D, just sailing inside her ;).

There's something very one-night-stand-ish about that comment.....on second thought I'm gonna just leave that one alone...

:cool:

After watching that video that further assures my prior thoughts. Peter max hull art is absolutely HIDEOUS, I just hate it. Good thing I am not buying the ship :D, just sailing inside her ;).

Very excited about the Breakaway - well, except for the hull art. I think the art on the other NCL ships is fine, almost nice, but this Peter Max graffiti just looks awful. I kept hoping they would darken the blue background or something, but nope, there it is! But you're right, at least we can't see it when we're sailing on her!

The hull art has grown on me a lot! I actually quite like it aside from the constipated looking Statue of Liberty head, the rest of it looks fun and upbeat. I'm okay with that.

A couple of thoughts:

1) The bridge pillars are again painted dark for the first time since the Dawn, yet the Getaway will have white pillars like Epic and the Jewel class ships. I wonder if Peter Max requested them to be painted a dark colour.

2) YES YES YES!!! The glass on the pool deck are once again clear and not dark tinted like on the Epic!! I hated the dark tint on the Epic and coloured tint on any ship, it just impede the view of the ocean.

Tinted windows are great on cars, not so much on ships. Good call on this one NCL.

I am curious about what webpage this is going to be in?

so far I found this one http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

but that one seems to be a frozen camera.

Does anyone has a better idea about this, Dave are you there?

Never mind, I found it.

Here it is folks.

The link you provided is actually a still camera that updates at a regular basis, usually once a week. On the Meyer Werft home page is a link for the Live cam thats going to be used for the float out.

Look about half way down on the left...

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/index.jsp

I am curious about what webpage this is going to be in?

so far I found this one http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

but that one seems to be a frozen camera.

Does anyone has a better idea about this, Dave are you there?

There are two places - Meyer Werft's own webcam showing the overhead:

Go to their home page (http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/index.jsp) and then click on the photo in the bottom left corner (headed "Float-Out of Breakaway) - that will open a pop-up window with an overhead cam (as of now still static)

And then there is the website of NDR (the local TV/radio station), which is going to have a live stream from 7am Papenburg time - you find that on http://www.ndr.de/regional/niedersachsen/oldenburg/meyerwerft395.html

Don't think there is an English version of the NDR site - it basically says that from 7am they will have a live stream of the docking out at that site.

Hope that helps :)

Archived