Filling in Brazil visa application - question

Tansy Mews

So if there is space on the form, type "day trip between Lima & BsAs, overnight in Puerto (Iguazu)" or some variation the makes your situation clear.

Note: They never check hotel reservations, so you could conceivably get the name and address/email of a hotel in Foz do Iguacu to use. Brazilians themselves would not think twice about doing such a thing, but we N. Americans are so law abiding that it often seems some sort of major crime. Think: "Plans do change."

Thuyronald

Don’t worry about a Brazil address. I will be visiting Iguazu Fall after my cruise from Buenos Aires. I will be staying on the Argentina side and visit the Brazil side on a day trip. On the Visa application for the Brazil address I just put down the Argentina hotel address and phone number with my own e-mail address. I did wrote a short letter address to the consulate explaining the purpose of applying for the Visa is for a day visit to the Iguazu fall on the Brazil side sign by myself and my husband. The consulate personnel have no issue with my Argentina address. She only needs copies of flight reservation confirmations (SFO/BUE and BUE/IGR) and the Visa application receipt to put into the passport and hand it to her. She did not ask for copy of cruise or hotel reservations. If you are taking the Visa application for your spouse to the consulate, make sure he or she signs it and make extra copy of the flight confirmation to put into each of the passport. I only have one copy of the flight confirm that I put into my passport and did not have an extra one for my husband to be safe. The consulate personnel just used the letter that I wrote regarding purpose applying for the Visa attached to my husbands Visa application receipt

As long as you follow the Visa application instruction and bring the required documents (requirements are difference among consulates), you will have no problems. After you filled out your Visa application, make sure you make appointment on line to visit the consulate, they will not accept your application without an appointment. You need to bring the confirmation of appointment with you. They will ask for it.

I just pick up my Visa from the San Francisco Consulate of Brazil yesterday. It took one week to process and it is good for 10 years.

Archived