Applying Next Cruise Certificates

I've seen a few threads with conflicting information.

Can I book a cruise now, go on a different cruise and get a next-cruise certification, come home, and apply it to the cruise I already booked?

No, the next cruise has a booking number associated with it. You make the actual reservation using the booking number and the obc is associated with the booking number also.

Yes you can. I recently reserved a cruise for next February thru my TA. After getting confirmation from RC I remembered that I had a next cruise certificate that I had forgotten about. Called TA who contacted RC who cancelled my original booking number and reapplied the next cruise booking number instead. They then credited my credit card with the deposit I had just made. No problem.

No, the next cruise has a booking number associated with it. You make the actual reservation using the booking number and the obc is associated with the booking number also.

Yes you can. I recently reserved a cruise for next February thru my TA. After getting confirmation from RC I remembered that I had a next cruise certificate that I had forgotten about. Called TA who contacted RC who cancelled my original booking number and reapplied the next cruise booking number instead. They then credited my credit card with the deposit I had just made. No problem.

And this is what I meant about conflicting information.....which is correct? :confused:

And this is what I meant about conflicting information.....which is correct? :confused:

If you read carefully, you will see that they are both saying the same thing. If you make a booking, and then want to apply the NC to that booking, the first booking is cancelled, and the cruise is then assigned to the NC, a different booking.

The key here is that when you cancel the first booking, you lose the price and stateroom. Now, since you are assigning the NC back to the cruise very quickly, it's likely you will get the same stateroom, however if the price has gone up since the first booking, you're out of luck on that.

I'd also defer to one of the travel agents here regarding getting the same stateroom. What if the stateroom has a wait list? Wouldn't the people on the wait list have priority?

Bob

it is the same, she had to cancel the other booking and use the next booking number, do this everyday for a living. You must USE the booking number associated with the Next cruise. If you cancel the other one it will be at prevailing rates so if it is higher then when you booked it then you will pay todays rates you have to see if it is worth it.

Yes, the original booking was cancelled and then rebooked. I checked the price before proceeding and it was the same so no problem there. I didn't have a coveted aft or corner aft so I wasn't concerned about the cabin although it didn't change. In the days since, the cruise has actually dropped in price and an aft did open up so I am a happy camper. Just wanted the OP to know that it can be done. I'd go ahead and get a next cruise certificate which could be used any time in the future if it didn't work out now.

This is not exactly what the OP is asking for (if I am reading both correctly).

OP asked if she booked a cruise today (for example), then went on a cruise in Oct and bought a NCC and then applied the NCC (bought in Oct) to a booking she made in August. I did not think this was possible.

What gone2c did was buy an NCC sometime in the past that she forgot about (let's say in 2011) and then applied it to a booking she made today (for example). This is totally possible since that is what the NCC is for.

Yeah, I'm asking if I can book a 2014 cruise, then go on a 2013 cruise and buy a next cruise certificate, come home, and apply it to the 2014 booking.

If I'm understanding right....I'd have to cancel the 2014 and rebook, possibly losing my choice room and having to pay the difference $ wise if prices have increased.

I guess I'll just have to look for another way to score an onboard credit or a discount of some kind. I don't really like to hand over my reservation to a travel agent, but I expect the cruise price will only go up......ugh, I just don't know what to do. I really wanted to score an OBC to pay off gratuities since it's an 11 night cruise....ouch in the tip department.

Yeah, I'm asking if I can book a 2014 cruise, then go on a 2013 cruise and buy a next cruise certificate, come home, and apply it to the 2014 booking.

If I'm understanding right....I'd have to cancel the 2014 and rebook, possibly losing my choice room and having to pay the difference $ wise if prices have increased.

I guess I'll just have to look for another way to score an onboard credit or a discount of some kind. I don't really like to hand over my reservation to a travel agent, but I expect the cruise price will only go up......ugh, I just don't know what to do. I really wanted to score an OBC to pay off gratuities since it's an 11 night cruise....ouch in the tip department.

Yes, you understand correctly. I try to keep an NC around just in case something comes up that I'd like to book between cruises.

Archived