Need suggestions on which beach in Cabo.

Corntea

Chileno is a lot better beach to snorkel (actually, Medano is not a beach that I would recommend snorkeling on!) Chileno has no food or beverages, other than what you might buy off of one of the locals. You might look into one of the local boat excursions. You can board at the Marina, have a great boat ride, a "decent" lunch, and an open bar. They will stop at Chileno, and provide masks and fins. Not a bad way to spend the day. We use Cabo Escape (several times now) and our kids and grandkids love it. Did I mention the open bar? :)

If you decide upon Medano, I would just grab a cab near the cruise docks.

Lots of them. Spend the day having fun, cold beverages, and really good (and inexpensive food.) When you are done having fun, just grab a land cab back to the Marina. There are dozens of great cantinas on Medano. Just wander along the beach until you see one that you like!

Thanks. Did I mention I have a problem getting in and out of boats?:eek: Unless it has a very good stair-like ladder going deep into the water with sturdy hand rails I can't do it. One of my worse experiences ever was in Cabo on a sailboat where they had to hook a rope around me and land me like a marlin.:o Nope. I prefer to shore snorkel. I just need to work out the logistics of getting there and back. We also arrive late this time. We are in port from 12:30 PM - 7:30 PM.

• 4 weeks later...
I second Downsized's sentiment on the Jungle cruise.

If anyone wants a small, intimitate, first class operation, post on here and I'll give you a referral.

I realize I'm quoting an old post but if you're still around CWcruisers I'd love the referral! dare too dream at cox dot net

Sherry

Thanks. Did I mention I have a problem getting in and out of boats?:eek: Unless it has a very good stair-like ladder going deep into the water with sturdy hand rails I can't do it. One of my worse experiences ever was in Cabo on a sailboat where they had to hook a rope around me and land me like a marlin.:o Nope. I prefer to shore snorkel. I just need to work out the logistics of getting there and back. We also arrive late this time. We are in port from 12:30 PM - 7:30 PM.

Ginny --- If you are still watching this thread, I will give you some hints.

Some of the pangas have steps in the front which make it very easy to get in and out. Look for one of those.

We were at Medano with a lady who had hip replacement and wasn't able to get into a regular panga, and none were available with steps in the front.

The innovative and accomodating Mexican guys tilted a panga almost on its side on the beach. That allowed her to sit on the side near the front and they helped her swing her legs over into the panga. They then pushed the panga into the water, and off we went to the dock. It can be done !!!

Ginny --- If you are still watching this thread, I will give you some hints.

Some of the pangas have steps in the front which make it very easy to get in and out. Look for one of those.

We were at Medano with a lady who had hip replacement and wasn't able to get into a regular panga, and none were available with steps in the front.

The innovative and accomodating Mexican guys tilted a panga almost on its side on the beach. That allowed her to sit on the side near the front and they helped her swing her legs over into the panga. They then pushed the panga into the water, and off we went to the dock. It can be done !!!

Some of the Mexican guys will lift the ladies up and set them in the panga if they are on the lighter side, but guys, you're on you own! :p