Carnival Magic Cucina del Capitano Question

Jtangel27

My family and I will be taking our fifth cruise on the Carnival Magic this Sunday, and we can not wait! We've been reading up on the ship's Do's and Don'ts people have said in their reviews ever since we booked the trip.

One thing many people have mentioned is the lunch rush on the first Sunday. Now of course, one of the first things you do while you wait for cabins to open is to go to the Lido buffet for lunch (though it's so difficult to eat with all the excitement of finally being on the ship!).

Many people have said that the Market Place seems to be VERY crowded during the first meal, and that the Cucina del Capitano is the best place to go for (free) lunch without the crowds or the scarceness of tables.

From what I've read though, the Cucina del Capitano only serves pasta during lunch. Now this isn't a problem for the rest of my party, but (and, I know this sounds odd) I really do not like pasta at all.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there's any way I can just order, say, meatballs and sauce without the pasta, or maybe I can just make a plate at the Market Place and bring it up to our table at the Cucina del Capitano.

Thanks.

There is usually plenty of seating available there at lunch time, so the rest of your party could go up there and place their order, then just save a seat for you and you could bring up whatever you got for lunch from one of the other venues so you can all dine together.

They do have a few non-pasta dishes on the menu for dinner (the salmon is fantastic). I think the dinners there are well worth the extra cost.

Archived