Alaska cruise without Canada port

azcruzers

Does anyone know if Carnival or any other cruise line ever sails to Alaska without going to Canada? Planning to go with friend that that may be labled criminally unfit to enter Canada. Has anyone been denied boarding at embarkation due tothis reason?

Oh :( Was hoping to find one that used a port in another country maybe Mexico. My friend has a criminal record and doesnt want to be turned away at embarkation. He will be sharing a cabin with a coworker and does not want him to know of his past offense. How do they inform you that

you are not able to embark? Would it be in the presence of your cabin room mate?

Does anyone know if Carnival or any other cruise line ever sails to Alaska without going to Canada?

Yes!

Carnival does not since their ships are of foreign registry (which requires a stop in Canada), but there are some cruise lines like American Safari Cruises , Fantasy Cruises, Lindblad, and Inner Sea Discoveries which operate Alaska itineraries without having to stop in Canada.

Keep in mind that these cruise lines offer a more intimate experience aboard smaller ships than the ones used by the major cruise lines, but at the same time you'll have the opportunity to visit ports that the mega ships can't even get to, and you'll also get a much closer experience.

Do a little searching on these boards for "DUI Canada" or something like that. There have been many threads recently about this. I know there is some way to be considered "rehabilitated," but there are certain restrictions for this - like how long ago the offense was, etc.

I don't know specifics, but I know there were threads about it before.

Maggie

Archived