Just back from the Explorer, Aug. 2-11… **Pictures, comments, tips**

First formal night

IMG_0255.jpg

Second formal night and lobster night – finally!

IMG_0548.jpg

Me and Leigh, the Activities Director. Both he and the Cruise Director Richard Spacey stole my heart. They are awesome! the entire entertainment cast was awesome and the productions shows are some of the best I’ve ever seen. I particularly loved the cast of singers. And, of course, the Ice Show is not to be missed. Tip for the Ice Show: even if you have tickets, get there EARLY as they tend to overbook.

IMG_0603.jpg

With Cera Alcime from Haiti, Cabin Steward Extraordinaire

IMG_0617.jpg

A thoughtful gift from Cera. We weren't meant to get one on the last night as they do this every other night but this was his 'thank you' for the extra tip.

IMG_0602.jpg

And to finish off……Cheers to all future Explorer cruisers with the unforgettable Caribbean Tea!

IMG_0604.jpg

****THE END****

I hope you have enjoyed my photo-report!

Richard told me he's going on his break on November 24th but that he's coming back to the Explorer. I hope you do get him because he's amazing.

Did he say when he was coming back from his break? I hope its not before March so his 4 month run doesn't end before my cruise! :eek:

Their break lasts from 2 to 3 months but it can vary.

Just got an inbox from Royal they said June 2013 is Jimmy Rhodes…a little sad as I was hoping for Richard/Leigh. :( I'm sure it will be wonderful no matter who is there…any input?

Josie--Thank you for your review. I just can't stand the long wait until our EOS cruise in December.

Did the new menu get discussed at all? When?

Caribbean Teal looks yummy! What is in it?:D

I don't know how new the menus were but having seen some from 2011 the choices are different. I'm not aware of any plans to change them again.

The Caribbean Tea has rum, gin, Blue Curacau and pineapple juice...a some other stuff that I can't remember :)

looking to see recent daily program

spa list of prices

johnny rocket menu

daily menus

and is there an internet cafe near ship in Bermuda?

thanks for all your help

dana:)

Dana, I have all the Cruise Compasses but they are too many to scan. I can scan a couple and send them to you if you give me your email address. I also have the Spa list but not the menus. I will send you that too.

The Naval Dockyard in Bermuda has wi-fi which works on the entire dock area if you happen to have your own devices. Rates start at $3 an hour. I'm not aware of an actual internet cafe'.

Thanks so much for the pictures and review. We are going in April and this will be our 2nd cruise, 1st time on Explorer. Really excited!

I'm excited for you! You will love the Explorer.

Thank you everyone for your praise and comments.

Oh, and did I mention that Captain Henrick Loy is a cutie? He's only 37 and the youngest captain in the fleet. Very personable and down to earth, too. DH didn't want to stand in the long line to take a picture with him. Drat! :mad:

Archived