Verandah Deck on Elation

Carol_B

I am booked on Verandah Deck inside cabin for a december cruise. I usually book a balcony but there are few on this ship and they are suites. So we decided to save a little money and for the first time try an inside cabin. Has anyone stayed on this deck and if so can you tell me how convenient it is to get to the outside open deck? I am a smoker so thats why i was wondering and why I usually go for a balcony :)

I was hoping that it was steps away and the lido deck was convenient too Thank you!!

All the way forward is a door that takes you to an outside deck. But Lido is on deck 9, aft, so it's a bit of a hike across the open deck. There is more motion at the front of the ship, be aware.

You'll want to check on the smoking policy for the ship. I think one side of the lido deck may be smoking, but not sure which side. There is a public deck at the front of the ship on Verandah deck, which overlooks the front of the ship. I don't know if smoking is allowed there.

If you're in a more forward room, it will be a real quick walk to reach that public observation deck at the front of the ship. If you're further back, you just need to walk a short ways down the hall, passed the elevators, around the atrium and out the doors. Just beyond the doors, you'll be overlooking the main pool one deck below. And fyi, the entire deck 10 is the lido deck, not just one section of a deck. The serenity area is deck 9 aft, which is probably what the other poster was referring to. But there is plenty of outside open space on deck 11 & deck 10, near where you're room is.

Thank you for all the great info. We are in rooms V12 and V20. I thought it looked liked you could go outside to the front of ship from the hallway but I wasn't for sure. This will be the first time we have been in a fwd cabin and a inside cabin so I am a little nervous about that. In April on the Triumph we were aft and one deck below the lido and loved it.

I will check into the link that was posted and learn more, thanks again :)

We have been on the Verandah deck a couple of times and really like it. In

fact we are going to be back there again in Oct.

Our first time was V-8, literally just a couple of steps away from the fwd deck.

The last time we were in V-28 just a little further. The next time we will be

back up front in V-12, which again will be just a couple of steps away.

I did notice on the last cruise that Carnival had removed the ash tray that

was mounted on the port side of the fwd deck. The one on the starboard

side was still there.

We have since quit smoking and are using ecigs, so we aren't so worried bout that now.

There was a mention of feeling the motion by being higher up. On the first

cruise on the V deck, we felt nothing at all. The last time, you could feel a

little. The only time I really noticed it was when I was...um, :ositting in the

bathroom, I could feel it a little, but could watch the towells swaying back

and forth slightly.

We will be in V24 (inside cabin) and this will be my first time on the Paradise and on the Veranda deck and forward!

We got upgraded all the way from the Upper deck to the Empress deck and then to the Veranda......so I am pretty excited about that! I think I am going to love being so close to the outside area :) Thanks for the info!! We sail Sept 13th, 2012!

Archived