Where to park?

amlandry

Considering a hotel with a cruise package but was wondering if there were any tips on parking near the port. Last couple of times, we paid the $100 or so. We will be in two vehicles so I'm thinking that a hotel may be less expensive.

We sail in Jan.'13 and I have reserved roof-top parking with Airportparkinginc.com which is close to the pier and has free shuttle for $8/day plus $5 serv. fee and tax=total $67.72 for 7 days. It will be our first experience with them. Good luck. steve

• 2 weeks later...
We sail in Jan.'13 and I have reserved roof-top parking with Airportparkinginc.com which is close to the pier and has free shuttle for $8/day plus $5 serv. fee and tax=total $67.72 for 7 days. It will be our first experience with them. Good luck. steve

Thanks for the tip.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned home from a cruise out of New Orleans and parked at Fulton Place Parking, but booked through United Airport Parking. We booked with United because it was less expensive than booking with Fulton directly. We did reserve the rooftop parking for $8 a day and had no problems. Our car was safe and in the same condition we left it in. We used them for our pre-cruise stay at Springhill Suites as well as during the cruise.

The only advice my husband has to offer is that he did not get an orange ticket from the office on the second floor. The attendant wanted him to present that when exiting the garage as proof that he had paid in advance. After showing the paperwork from United they let him leave, but in the future we would make sure to get that ticket.

Michelle

We just returned home from a cruise out of New Orleans and parked at Fulton Place Parking, but booked through United Airport Parking. We booked with United because it was less expensive than booking with Fulton directly. We did reserve the rooftop parking for $8 a day and had no problems. Our car was safe and in the same condition we left it in. We used them for our pre-cruise stay at Springhill Suites as well as during the cruise.

The only advice my husband has to offer is that he did not get an orange ticket from the office on the second floor. The attendant wanted him to present that when exiting the garage as proof that he had paid in advance. After showing the paperwork from United they let him leave, but in the future we would make sure to get that ticket.

Michelle

I see you used them for your pre-cruise stay as well. Did you have to take a taxi to your hotel, or do they shuttle you there?

I see you used them for your pre-cruise stay as well. Did you have to take a taxi to your hotel, or do they shuttle you there?

Our hotel, Springhill Suites, was literally right around the corner. My husband dropped the kids and I off, along with luggage and then he went to park the car and walked back to the hotel. On the morning of the cruise we all walked, pulling our luggage, back to Fulton Place. There were sidewalks and even with 3 kids it was not a problem. The Hilton Garden Inn was even closer to Fulton Place than we were if you are concerned about walking.

Hope that helps :)

Archived