New Orleans, LA port question...

Tmaxx1

We are considering a cruise which leaves out of the New Orleans port in late November. Should we be concerned about chilly temperatures as we head across the gulf to Cozumel, Belize and Roatan? My brother went on a Western Caribbean cruise which left from Mobile, AL in October and he said they couldn't sit out on the deck due to cool temperatures as the winds were pretty heavy.

thanks

My sister and I went out of New Orleans this past March and yes it was very definitely cold in port and until we got well into the caribbean. Even down there, at night it was cold. I think it was unusual for the weather to be so chilly there but it was. If you go out to the hot tub at night, make sure you take a robe to wrap up in to get back to your room.

It might be cold when you leave but you will wake up, at sea, to warmer weather.

We left Galveston one year to temperatures in the 30s. The next day when we woke up the temperatures were in the 80s.

Try Farmer's Almanac online to check out the forcast.

We go every year the first week of December. Usually (not always) pretty cool/cold in NO, wake up the first day to warm weather and stays that way until we get close to the Mississippi River returning. Always upper 70's to mid 80's while we were down South.

The weather varies greatly in New Orleans. Could be chilly or it could be very hot in November.

Just bring along a pair of jeans and a light windbreaker or jacket just in case. It will be warm once you cruise further south.

Enjoy our city and enjoy cruising down the River!

Archived