What balcony cabins had a/c problems on Oasis?

elou

It seems some had this with their balcony doors. Does it seem to be more in front, mid or aft cabins OR just sporadic? I'm on deck 6, 6662 aft.

Most all balcony cabins on Oasis will shut the air off when the balcony door is open....might just be that some of the sensors are more sensitive than others....but I have stayed pretty much all over the ship over my 10X on Lady "O" and never found much difference with one area verse another when it came to air. I wouldn't call the air going off when the balcony slider is open a "problem"...it's the design of the ship.

I think maybe all lines have this A/C shutoff feature on the balcony doors, at least all the mass market balconies I have had. I have had an issue once, for a day or two that the cutoff did not work and the A/C continued blowing when the door was open. It is an energy saving feature.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

There are incidents were the balcony door has to be LOCKED and not just closed in order for the AC to stay on.

We had one of these cabins on Allure (10584) and it never seemed cool enough, despite numerous maintenance calls, etc. They told/showed us that it had to be locked in order to work.

There are incidents were the balcony door has to be LOCKED and not just closed in order for the AC to stay on.

We had one of these cabins on Allure (10584) and it never seemed cool enough, despite numerous maintenance calls, etc. They told/showed us that it had to be locked in order to work.

Like I said in my post above....I am sure that some sensors may be more sensitive than others. As far as the AC temp....while you do have a thermostat in your cabin....the damper is controlled my maintenance in the master control room....and again that is dependent on yet another sensor. I only had an issue with the cabin temp once....and when i called they could tell me exactly what the temp in my cabin was by looking at the control panel. They said all was normal but when they told me what the temp was I said there is no way....they right away said that is what the sensor is currently reading. I had my kids in the cabin next to us and there cabin was ice...I asked out of curiosity if they would tell me the temp in their cabin....what they were reading was showing warmer than our cabin....I knew right there something wasn't right. I calmly explained this to them...of course thinking like....yea right:rolleyes:...but low and behold they took it seriously and came and checked it out....within 24hrs my cabin was like ice just like the kids....they either changed the sensor in the cabin or more likely changed the damper control setting from the master control panel.....these systems are a bit more advanced than you would think.

Archived