secret itineraries tours

bowsprit

I am trying to book a secret itineraries tour of the Doges Palace in Venice and have left it a little late.

My request was just denied by Tickitaly unfortunately, and I have tried another company but was turned off when it said that there was NO cancellations allowed at any time.

I would appreciate the names of any other reliable tours companies that do this.

thanks.

I booked our through vivaticket.it and had no issues. It was the site recommended in Rick Steves' book and I believe the official booking site of the museum.

I'm sure that they have a no cancellation policy, but I consider that pretty standard for those types of services. I'm surprised you haven't encountered that with other online bookings for your trip. I think that has been the policy on every single thing I've booked through similar sites.

Vivaticket.it is the official booking agency.

It comes down to how important this is to you. It is possible to get walk up tickets for the secret itineraries tour (I did it for a group of 10 a couple of years ago, but that was in March, not the height of the season), but you risk being turned down. If it's important to you, booking ahead is the best idea and you risk losing 16,50 Euro (about $20) if you change your mind or are for some reason unable to make the tour.

So there's your tradeoff. Maybe not going, or maybe wasting $20.

Thank you both.

This is really our own fault for being so caught up in booking all the other tours associated with this cruise that we let this slip through the cracks.

We are already fully booked on tours for the day before we board the ship, so thought that if we could get the 9.55am tour on boarding day this would be doable,.

I would not mind paying a cancellation penalty, but on the last site I looked at, it said that there was no cancellation allowed, not even if I was given a time that we could not do. so we would loose both tickets.And at around 60 euros, that is a bit much

So I guess that I have answered what one of you said about being worth it.

As I do not think it worth losing 60 E in the time it takes for me to send in my request and them to respond with an unworkable time. lol

We will try the booking office that you mentioned here, and if it does not work out then we will just have to take our chances when we get there.

thanks again

I would not mind paying a cancellation penalty, but on the last site I looked at, it said that there was no cancellation allowed, not even if I was given a time that we could not do. so we would loose both tickets.And at around 60 euros, that is a bit much

This must be something over and above just the secret itineraries tour - resellers generally tack on a few Euro, but not double the price.

Thank you both.

This is really our own fault for being so caught up in booking all the other tours associated with this cruise that we let this slip through the cracks.

We are already fully booked on tours for the day before we board the ship, so thought that if we could get the 9.55am tour on boarding day this would be doable,.

So I guess that I have answered what one of you said about being worth it.

As I do not think it worth losing 60 E in the time it takes for me to send in my request and them to respond with an unworkable time. lol

We will try the booking office that you mentioned here, and if it does not work out then we will just have to take our chances when we get there.

thanks again

That makes more sense then. I woud definitely try the site I posted. I got to choose our time in advance of purchase.

Archived