ferry from Weehawken

starshine74

My family and I are looking into taking the ferry from Weehawken to the pier in NYC. I know others have done this can you give me the low down on the ferry. Was it easy? What about parking any issues? What about the return trip any issues? oh and hotels any near the ferry? Thanks for any info

The ferry trip is quick maybe 20 min top across the river and then depending on what pier you are docked at it could be up to a 30 min walk up the westside hwy. Forget hailing a cab as they rarely stop on the West Side hwy on the river side(southbound) There is not a ton to do in Weehawkin but Hoboken which is just a few minutes away has a nice riverside area with restaurants and nightlife. Weekhawkin is more of a business district.The Hotel on the pier is the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor, cheaper than NYC but not by much..hope this helps

I'd suggest you post this on the East Coast Departures board where this is a fairly common subject of discussion.

There are two different ferry terminals in Weehawken, Lincoln Harbor, which is where the Sheraton Hotel mentioned in an early post is located...but...there is no dedicated ferry parking at Lincoln Harbor, and Port Imperial, which has parking but no nearby hotels that I'm aware of.

You won't be hailing a cab on the West Side Highway, there is a taxi stand when you exit the ferry in Manhattan. If you don't have too much stuff you could walk if you wanted to.

You have the Sheraton Suites hotel down the road in Weehawken. There is also a Homewood Suites up the road in Edgewater that has a ton of shops and restaurants there.

When you park at the Port Imperial lot, please keep in mind that the parking lot is run by a separate company, I believe by Central Parking. You may want to contact them about parking there long term. You have to go inside the terminal to pay for the parking. I usually pay in advance but I only take the ferry occasionally and never keep my car there over night. Maybe when you return you would pay then.

My family and I are looking into taking the ferry from Weehawken to the pier in NYC. I know others have done this can you give me the low down on the ferry. Was it easy? What about parking any issues? What about the return trip any issues? oh and hotels any near the ferry? Thanks for any info

I live in the area and take the ferry all the time. It takes 9 minutes to cross from Weehawken to midtown Manhattan, there are tons of cabs waiting there, it is not an easy walk with luggage. The ferry has long term parking you just have to tell them when you get there. Homewood Suites in Edgewater is right up th road, great hotel, great area. We have friends who just stayed there this past weekend before their Bermuda cruise. Lincoln Harbor has a much more limited ferry schedule especially on weekends.

Archived