Odd question - making changes after final payment

DG2007

We're going on a family cruise in a little over a month, so we have already made final payment. My mom is sharing a cabin with her husband and her sister (my aunt). My aunt is now wondering if she can change to another room by herself.

My first thought was "no" since final payment has been made already. So she's stuck sharing a room with my mom and her husband.

She's going to contact the travel agent we used and ask but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has ever done this. Is it possible Carnival would be willing to separate her from that cabin and book her in another cabin, then she'd just pay the difference?

THANKS!

Its possible, just depends on how well the ship is selling and whose ear you reach. Since you booked with a TA it will be up to her to push it. Since Carnival will get more money, Id say you have a decent chance.

Solos pay 200% of the fare.. so since your aunt would have to pay double, Carnival almost for sure would get more money out of the deal. You just have to ask and see if they allow it. Sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Archived