Anyone else w/ E-docs?

McCutie

...Ok, I booked a May 22nd cruise on May 5th and I asked when the tickets would arrive...I was told I would get E-docs which come through email and I print them and use that as our boarding pass......I was also told they would be emailed asap....so when last Thursday came and no email or tickets yet, I called again and was told that NCL does not do E-docs yet so the ticket will be mailed to me asap.....So, I gave a call back today to check on them and now I am told that they will be emailed to me and NCL does E-docs!!!!!

Does anyone else have any input regarding this?

I am not too concerned considering we are already registered but I wish I got a straight answer....or why do I even bother with a t/a?

Yes NCL has been very slow at sending out tickets.

I'm due to sail 06/05 on the Dawn and no mailed tickets

as yet.

This is what I heard from NCL.

They send you out the tickets by postal mail and email version and

THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME TICKETS.

I called them at 9am today and the email got to me today

at 4pm today. So there is a delay.

If you have your NCL reservation number you can go to NCL's web site and pre-register. When finished, print it out and that copy will be all that you need to board the ship. You didn't mention whether you also awaiting your flight info or not.....that's likely another issue.

I booked thru travelocity and they ended up giving NCL my email address incorrectly. Caught it when they mailed copies to me. Called and got it all staightened out and e-docs were sent by NCL that same day.

Check what they show for your address.

Yes NCL has been very slow at sending out tickets.

I'm due to sail 06/05 on the Dawn and no mailed tickets

as yet.

This is what I heard from NCL.

They send you out the tickets by postal mail and email version and

THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME TICKETS.

I called them at 9am today and the email got to me today

at 4pm today. So there is a delay.

Normally NCL does not send edocs for those that book direct. Many of the online TAs do. Saves them from having to handle and resend the traditional docs. Over time just like the airlines edocs will be the norm.

Thanks for all the info....

We are actually driving to Boston from CT so no flight is nec.

T/A said I would get the email today...If not I will just bring my printed out registration form...

:)

I just received an e-mail from my TA that NCL had informed them the docs for the 3rd and 4th passengers (they booked two weeks ago) will be at the pier on the date of sailing. Has anyone encountered this?

I e-mailed NCL and requested the e-docs, but I don't know if they will bother to send them via e-mail. :(

I just received an e-mail from my TA that NCL had informed them the docs for the 3rd and 4th passengers (they booked two weeks ago) will be at the pier on the date of sailing. Has anyone encountered this?

No worries about picking your documents up at the pier. I've had to do this before. Just have some proof of advanced registration when you show up. Print it off the NCL site.

Personally, I don't like e docs although this is the way cruising is heading. Everything will be e doc soon. I found it a hassle in Port Canaveral, when we sailed RCI, to track someone down for luggage tags.

I am booked on the NCL Sea on May 28th out of Houston. I just made my reservation a week ago and my online TA said I just needed to show my reservation number at the pier and I would be good to go. As for my luggage and tags I was told to tell the porter and he would get the right tags for me. I purchased an inside gty and when I went online to register with NCL my room number even showed up. Last Feb. I sailed on the Carnival Elation out Galveston. I did an upgrade from the inside to an oceanview. My documents came with tags for the inside room which concerned me. It wasn't a problem. When I got to the pier I told the porter I needed tags for my oceanview room and he checked the passenger list and tagged my luggage and I was good to go. Relax...it will all go OK.

Archived