Celebrating A Birthday on Board

Ballyboffin

I will be celebrating my birthday on the Whisper 14Th November, not a VERY big one, still just double figures! My husband (Bless him :(((() has informed them about this and I am now worried that there will be a bit of a fuss as I really don't like to be the centre of attention.

Does anyone know if they will do 'A cake with sparklers' ? If so I will be hiding in my cabin all day.....:(

Now, that Silversea guest relations has been alerted by your loving husband, they will wheel a giant cake to your table at dinner that night and one of the entertainers will pop out and lead a group of a dozen or more servers singing Happy Birthday! Kidding, seriously, more than likely you will find a nice hand written note from the Captain in your suite wishing you Happy Birthday. SS will also (courtesy of your butler) probably have a nice birthday cake for you in your suite. Your husband can let your butler know what kind of celebration you would like (in your suite) when your butler introduces himself/herself. If you want (i.e., your husband) you can also let the Maitre'D of The Restaurant know which night is your birthday and he/she will arrange birthday well wishes (with cake) after dinner. However, if you have friends on board with you, be aware--they could arrange for a very nice ambush Happy Birthday surprise.

I agree with Colonel Wes. Silversea will provide a great birthday experience for you one way or the other. We planned a surprise birthday "party" for a friend of ours traveling solo in her suite. We arrived back at her cabin after an excursion and her butler (with a little help from us) provided a small birthday cake, a bottle of Port, a nice cheese platter and balloons. Hope you enjoy you day and voyage.

You really got me at first Colonel Wes :D If that had happened I would have been seeking a divorce or been charged with GBH!!!

Good to know that we can 'Celebrate?' in private and not have fellow passengers remarking on how old I look for only 21 lolol.....

Thank you also McCoosh for setting my mind at rest XX

Rojaan has celebrated her birthday on 2 of our 3 SS cruises.Wasn't planned that way.they do have your passport so can easily note your birthday.this is what can happen-

august%2520trip%2520105.JPGaugust%2520trip%2520107.JPG

plus a little cake-

august%2520trip%2520106.JPG

and some inventive decorations-

august%2520trip%2520108.JPGaugust%2520trip%2520109.JPG

We've celebrated birthdays on Silversea, and noted them when asked on our pre-cruise questionnaire.

In the last few years, we returned from dinner to find the cabin door emblazoned with a big "Happy Birthday, [Name]" banner. Inside, there were balloons, electric votive candles, fake rose petals strewn over the bed, a small cake, and a tub filled with bubble bath with more candles and rose petals. We weren't expecting it, and it brought smiles to our faces but - at 11pm - we didn't need the cake or a bubble bath. It was a very nice gesture but we just wanted to dismantle it very quickly and get some sleep.

Silversea will not surprise you with anything "public" on a birthday. And if you wish to avoid the in-suite scenario described above, simply mention it to your butler (he sets it all up), and all will be well.

Another idea - if you'd like something low-key but personal, you (or your thoughtful husband) could suggest something specific to your butler, including the timing. Champagne and caviar.. roses.. a lobster dinner for two (just give the chef a couple of days' notice on the lobster).. a special song from the pianist at teatime in the Panorama Lounge. Maybe all of the above! Your butler will handle whatever you'd like.

Archived