Paradise Beach Review

ladyt

First of all, I love the name Luka! Sounds like a boy to me!

How long will you be away from PB? We're visiting for the first time during the last week of June. We'd sure be disappointed if you weren't there!:( I so enjoy reading your informative posts here at CC!

Have a relaxing vacation in NYC!:)

Just got back from the Elation (5/22-5/29) and my 12 yr. old son can't stop talking about our day at Paradise Beach. We spent the day lounging, eating, snorkeling, swimming, eating, drinking, lounging, jumping on the water trampoline, climbing the iceburg, lounging, eating, drinking.............

On that day the water was a bit choppy, yes there was a bit of seaweed, and yes, a few places have more rocks than others, but it did not deter from our fun in any way. Tom came over and spent some time with us. When he found out that we had rented a Jeep he made sure we had good directions to check out the other side of the island and to get the Jeep back to the car rental place.

Tom also told us that they are talking about putting in a swimming pool. For those that don't like to swim in the ocean this would be an option.

I can't imagine going anywhere else but Paradise Beach in Cozumel, hopefully sometime soon.

tina

Oct 5th...you're in the book!

Happy Anniversary...tomorrow!! My Sweetie is taking me out for my B-day dinner in Playa del Carmen tonight and we´ll stay at the revamped Blue Parrot Hotel on the beach. Tomorrow we'll just laze on the lounge chairs and swim, drink, read, and do all the things I see our guests do at PB!! :D

See ya in Oct!!

Tom,

I told you the wrong date when we would be in Cozumel... It's Oct. 6th not the 5th. I'm glad I checked! I hope you and your wife have a great time in NYC. We were just there at Christmas. We spent three days in the city and 6 days in upstate where my mother-in-law lives. She's also from Canada like you!

See ya in Oct.!!

DantheMan...Since the bartenders don't usually need my help, I sure do remember being there and chatting with you! Glad you enjoyed your day with us and tell me, what kind of rays were they? The little yellow rays or something bigger...thanx!

They were pretty good size, but far enough away that I couldn't get a photo with the digital camera.

Ok...changed the date! Did ya find a reasonable hotel rate in NYC? Looks like about $250 a day for a decent place in Manhattan! See ya later!

Yea, we stayed at the Mansfield Hotel, just off fifth avenue for about 140.00 a night. My DH booked it through Priceline. This hotel was nice, it was a three star just 2 blocks fom Broadway.

Good Luck!!

Thanx y'all.

I'm scared of using priceline for a 10 night stay. That's a long time to get stuck with a crappy hotel. I wish they would tell you which hotel it is before you commit. Checked out the Mansfield and it looks like a good hotel though...

We will be there on the Conquest June 17th. What is the cab fare to PB? What is the admission? Is it all inclusive? We will be travelling with a group of 20, but I don't know how many will opt for PB....

Thanks in advance

Thanx y'all.

I'm scared of using priceline for a 10 night stay. That's a long time to get stuck with a crappy hotel. I wish they would tell you which hotel it is before you commit. Checked out the Mansfield and it looks like a good hotel though...

Tom, I've spent more time in NYC than I have in my own home town so here are some hotel recs for you. Since you are booking a ten night stay, I highly recommend a room with a kitchen or kitchette. If nothing else, then for your morning breakfast (cheapest meal of the day in NYC).

Any of the Affina.com hotels (Southgate, Dumont, Shelburne and Surrey are my favorites).

The Salisbury Hotel

All of the above are former apartment buildings and have larger than average standard accommodations. In a town where the average hotel room can easily measure 10x12, and I've stayed in my share of these, that is a big deal. Most of the Affina hotels are all suite.

Good luck feel free if to ask if you have any questions and sorry we'll miss you on June 15th!

tidyoyster...we ended up booking the Carlton, we got a free upgrade for staying 10 nights...also promised the manager a bottle of tequila and the reservations gal some silver! So hopefully the bribes (Mexico has taught me well!) will get us the Royal Suite :D !

Have a great vacation as well :)

mstelly...cab fare is either $12 or $13USD (depending which pier) one way, for UP TO 4 people. There is no admission charge, beach lounges and umbrellas are free as well. We do not have an A.I. program, just order from the menu...hasta la vista!

wantacruise...See you...today! Well, it's raining pretty good so I guess I won't....hasta la next time!

BlueHerons...Thanx! I checked out a lot of hotel/apts last week and of course since I left it so last minute, they were all booked. Thanx for the recommendation for next time though :) !

Mac Texas...this should answer your q's...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=174056&highlight=parasailing

Tom and everyone considering Paradise Beach for their beach day in Cozumel......

My family and I just returned from our cruise today. Paradise Beach was certainly the highlight for all of us. Beautiful, clean, well-kept, friendly, inexpensive, delicious food and drinks, and most importantly FUN!

We took a cab from the pier at Puerta Maya... $12 for the 4 of us

Free admission to PB and only $8 each to use all of the great toys..... kayaks, ice berg

rock climbing, water trampoline and my perrsonal favorites ... the water

floats and beach chairs/ umbrellas.

The food was fabulous and even my picky teens ate every bite of their nachos and

steak tacos, wonderful smoothies and alcohol-free daquiris.

We also enjoyed snorkeling ($20 returnable deposit for each set of snorkeling

equipment) and a very exciting Banana boat ride ($48 for the 4 of us),

also available are jet skis and parasailing.

I am sad to be home but look forward to our next visit to Cozumel and Paradise Beach.

Tom, my daughter was wondering if she could get a copy of the posters you have with the mermaid that say "Welcome to Paradise Beach." We looked at the souvenir shop but didn't see any available. Please let me know if I can get her one of these. Thanks again for a wonderrrful day in Cozumel and some terrific family memories.

Thanx so much for the great review, sounds like a great day was had by all!

That poster is a picture taken of one of our original paintings hanging in the main dining area beside the main bar. Unfortunately we just had one made but maybe you can do something with this!: http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/menu_1_pbeach.php

Thanx again!

OK, PBT! Got our documents yesterday...it is true... We will be there July 20!:D You will know us because we will be the first ones there and the last to leave. :) We will be a group of two families; the Moylans and the Crains...two moms, two dads, and 5 young men from 12-22! We will be drinking margaritas and beer! (The adult ones, not the kids!:D ) Also get a few questions ready, DH is a pediatrician. He said he is happy to answer a few questions just for the pleasure of sitting on your beautiful beach! Counting down the days!

Wow, PB Tom! Keeping up with these message boards must be a full-time job!

Just to add to it....we'll be there on June 24. The Buckmans from California. Myself & husband, plus my in-laws (NO KIDS!!!!!!!:) First vacation without the kids in years!) Anyway, your posts have been so helpful in planning our trip to Cozumel. We'd love to meet you, if you happen to be around that day. Can't wait to savor the beautiful beach, food, drinks, and excellent service that everyone raves about!

Have fun in NYC!

Amy

Tom

we will be down on the 27th of July and it will be my husband's 40th! Would love to make as big of deal of this as possible as he is British and likes things low key!:)

If we take a taxi to PB should we negotiate with the driver a head of time or are they pretty honest?

Just gotta meet you....you are a celebrity!

Op Girl

I am traveling at the end of june and want to go to the beach with my husband, two and three year old. I want to be able to play a little in the sand (without getting run over by others), get in the water, maybe see a few fish. I don't think we will be able to do water sports (could we rent two jet skis and put the kids on with each of us?? or is there a minimum age to get on)... I have read all about the seagrass, is this at all the beaches? Thanks -

Archived