Buchart Gardens 2:30-9:30

Tulsa Cats

Has anyone used the Big Bus to get from the pier to Buchart Gardens. I've read a lot about ship tours and taxis and rental cars, but what about the HOHO bus? We'll be four people, two seniors who can walk pretty well but no more than necessary. CC people have all the answers. The Big Bus website gives me few answers. Thanks

I have not used the Big Bus to go out to the Gardens, they are noted more for HOHO tours around Victoria. Personally I would look at CVS Cruise Victoria shuttle with a transfer to one of their buses out to the Gardens. Given the time you have in Victoria you would also have the option of taking transit which would involve taking a #30 or #31 bus from out in front of the cruise terminal and transferring to the #75 bus at the Royal Oak exchange...cost $2.50 per adult, $1.65 per senior/each way, $CDN only. You would reverse the process for the return...if you have any doubts just ask the operator, they are very friendly and helpful.

http://www.cvscruisevictoria.com/

You didn't indicate a specific question about Big Bus ....

Did you call their 800 number? I'm sure the customer service people could answer your questions.

I've used CVS, as mentioned by putterdude. It has worked well for me. Frequent departures makes it an easy option. This link on tripadvisor has many options altho interestingly it doesn't include the BigBus.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154945-c95204/Victoria:Vancouver-Island:How.To.Get.To.Butchart.Gardens.html

Hi,

We just did a Victoria - Butchart Gardens tour through Gray Line - West Coast Sightseeing yesterday. It was a really long day - from 7 am till 9 pm, but we really saw a lot. It cost $189 each from Pan Pacific, and included the bus to the ferry, the ferry both ways, the admission to Butchart Gardens, and a tour of Vancouver Island. We had 2 hours in the Gardens (wow!!), and 2+ hours at the Empress Hotel area. Had pretty good fish & chips at Barb's down at fisherman's wharf, and a harbor cruise back to the Empress. Booked 24 hours in advance at the kiosk in front of Pan Pacific. The ferry takes an hour 40 minutes, but has a decent buffet (we did breakfast there $17/ea). The gardens are breathtaking, but a bit crowded if there is a cruise ship in port. We took one bus all the way, so could leave our coats behind when it got warm.

Have a wonderful time.

Hi,

We just did a Victoria - Butchart Gardens tour through Gray Line - West Coast Sightseeing yesterday. It was a really long day - from 7 am till 9 pm, but we really saw a lot. It cost $189 each from Pan Pacific, and included the bus to the ferry, the ferry both ways, the admission to Butchart Gardens, and a tour of Vancouver Island. We had 2 hours in the Gardens (wow!!), and 2+ hours at the Empress Hotel area. Had pretty good fish & chips at Barb's down at fisherman's wharf, and a harbor cruise back to the Empress. Booked 24 hours in advance at the kiosk in front of Pan Pacific. The ferry takes an hour 40 minutes, but has a decent buffet (we did breakfast there $17/ea). The gardens are breathtaking, but a bit crowded if there is a cruise ship in port. We took one bus all the way, so could leave our coats behind when it got warm.

QUOTE]

Yes but you were in Vancouver; the OP's cruise ship will be docked in Victoria for a few hours.

Take the CVS suggestion from Putt; it's probably your easiest option.

Archived