Magic - Seaside Theatre movies

KenNBarbie

Curious about Magic's evening movie schedule - we sailed back in May and the selection was of dated G & PG13 films (aka - Toy Story 2) - which was disappointing for us - hoping our Labor Day cruise will have something a bit more entertaining.

Any recent Magic cruiser's recall what was playing. Is the selection at the ships CD discretion or is it CCL ?

I'm on the Magic this week. The evening movies on the Seaside Theatre have been:

Nanny Diaries

Sweet Home Alabama

Spiderman

Spiderman 2

Aladdin

James Bond Night: For Your Eyes Only / Goldfinger

The Legend Of Zoro

Gone In 60 Seconds

Beauty and the Beast

I should also mention that the quality of the Seaside Theatre screen on the Carnival Magic is noticeably better than on other Carnival ships I've been on. I'm really spoiled at home with a Panasonic 50" plasma TV... and on several of my previous Carnival cruises I have found myself unable to watch the SeaSide theatre screens because they look so crappy compared to what I'm used to at home.

The picture on the Carnival Magic's SeaSide Theatre screen is certainly not anywhere near as good as my plasma screen at home... but it is definitely a heck of a lot better than the screens on the Splendor, Glory, and Valor... for example. My wife and I watched "For Your Eyes Only" on the SeaSide Theatre screen the other night, and the picture quality did not bother me. On previous cruises on the Splendor, Glory, and Valor I would not have been able to sit through it because the screens are so inferior.

What's with all the OLD movies that Carnival shows?

My entire family was VERY disappointed in the movie selections that Carnival offered on the Magic a couple of weeks ago.

Guess Carnivores are too cheap to pay for newly released movies that just hit DVD :rolleyes:

Sad, Sad, SAD !!!!

Oh, and the one in-cabin movie that was "somewhat" new.... they played OVER & OVER & OVER.

Happy Feet 2, anyone??? :eek:

The in-room movies have never been an issue for me because we just don't spend much time in the room so I can see where the value add there isn't a big deal to most. It's like inflight movies on airplanes, statistics indicate most people bring an IPad or Laptop so they can select their own movies.

When I was on the Magic, the movies on Lido deck were OK... but again, its just an entertainment extra, not revenue value add. A while ago on John's blog he talked about the big screen movies and it seemed that no matter what genre/type they played, someone always complained. You can't show action movies or R movies because it's a "family" environment. You couldn't show movies that were sad because people didn't see drama type movies on vacation.

I just hope they don't stop doing it because even if its an older movie.. it's just kinda cool to watch a movie under the stars on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean. New releases would be nice... but I wouldn't pay extra for the cruise just for those.

I'm on the Magic this week. The evening movies on the Seaside Theatre have been:

Nanny Diaries

Sweet Home Alabama

Spiderman

Spiderman 2

Aladdin

James Bond Night: For Your Eyes Only / Goldfinger

The Legend Of Zoro

Gone In 60 Seconds

Beauty and the Beast

Thanks for the update - looks like they do at least alter the movies from week to week. I could do without the Disney selections - but James Bond is always good.

What's with all the OLD movies that Carnival shows?

My entire family was VERY disappointed in the movie selections that Carnival offered on the Magic a couple of weeks ago.

Guess Carnivores are too cheap to pay for newly released movies that just hit DVD

Suspect there is a copyright issue with showing them - but I agree, I'd loan them our new Hunger Games DVD if they'd show it on BIG SCREEN!

I'm glad someone asked this question, I was wonderinig the same thing. I really hope they have better movies when we are on. I know they need to be a long the lines of "family friendly" movies and i'm not expecting them to play Debbie Does Dallas but I wonder why they don't play Alladin and Beauty and the Beast early evening and pop in more adult friendly movies like the suggested Hunger Games, Live Free Die Hard, Hot Tub Time Machine, etc. at night.

Archived