Carnival Magic 3:00 Boarding Time 8/26 Thread

Jtangel27

If you haven't gotten a call from Carnival yet, it seems that there's been some sort of error with immigration and customs, and our boarding time has been switched from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM in Galveston. A bit of a bummer, for those of us that have shuttle and hotel plans already set, but not a major issue.

If anyone has any news on this, please don't hesitate to post anything that might be helpful to those of us that will be affected by the schedule change!

Did you post this to your roll call? those are the people that would want to know.

I have never heard of a 1:30 pm boarding time.. do you mean the time that carnival said to come rather than the time people actually show up?

Good idea, I'll post this on the roll call.

I think I might have mixed up the 1:30 part. 1:30 is the time that the port will be opening, but 3:00 is when we are able to board.

Unless something has changed since we sailed the Magic out of Galveston about a month ago we arrived at the port around noon and boarded immediately. Sailed at 4 pm. :confused:

The call (automated voice message) said the boarding time would be moved "back to 1:30pm" and due to limited space in the terminal, not to arrive before then. The reason given was customs and border preotect due to the Magics recent itinerary (they just went to Honduras and Beiize I believe). Someone mentioned that the drug cartels are now in Honduras, so that might be it, or it just might be the typical mandatory 90 inspection for the crew and this was a smart choice on the part of customs due to the ports.

In either case, I like that they gave us notification on our "Emergency Contact" numbers. Also, I just went into my reservation (still able to edit) and added my cell phone number for text alerts.

If it is the passengers and not the crew they are checking, no big deal because when everyone gets on board, they can go to their rooms and dump their stuff, so he ship won't be all congested when we get on.

The call (automated voice message) said the boarding time would be moved "back to 1:30pm" and due to limited space in the terminal, not to arrive before then. The reason given was customs and border preotect due to the Magics recent itinerary (they just went to Honduras and Beiize I believe). Someone mentioned that the drug cartels are now in Honduras, so that might be it, or it just might be the typical mandatory 90 inspection for the crew and this was a smart choice on the part of customs due to the ports.

In either case, I like that they gave us notification on our "Emergency Contact" numbers. Also, I just went into my reservation (still able to edit) and added my cell phone number for text alerts.

If it is the passengers and not the crew they are checking, no big deal because when everyone gets on board, they can go to their rooms and dump their stuff, so he ship won't be all congested when we get on.

At least they are letting you know now.

Archived