About the HARD BEDS

kyrisong1

Not doubting anyone that says they lucked out with a comfortable bed in a certain cabin.

Yeah I know I was just saying that cabin had the comfy ones still... :)

I did not realize they were changing out to a different brand since they always touted the Comfort Bed in the past and still sell them online. :confused:

My favorite beds on a cruise were found on NCL's Pride of America. Their mattresses had an extra pillow-top "topper" that could be removed if needed. They weren't bare foam or eggcrate; the outer covering of the topper was mattress-type material with foam, etc inside. (they were attached to the bed with the elastic straps under each corner of the mattress like some mattress pads have)

That pillow-top "topper" was awesome. Wonder if all NCL ships offer this option??!?

On our last cruise, my wife kept complaining about her bed being rock hard. Mine was very comfortable. On the last sea day she came over and laid on my bed and told me to go lay on hers, talk about a total difference. I asked the cabin steward and he told us that her bed was the new mattresses Carnival was going to be using and I had an old one. I like the old ones much better.

I remember when everyone always praised the mattresses. I never understood why...they've always been too firm. Unfortunately, the older I've gotten the more uncomfortable they get. Oh well...sucks to get old, but I won't stop cruising:o:p

Archived