Itinerary change 9th October

cruzadict

i had an email from Cunard advising that the itinerary for this 5 night cruise on QM 2 has been changed. We are no longer calling at Le Havre but St Peters Port instead. This will be our fifth attempt at calling here but to date the weather has ever been good enough to anchor. Wonder where we will go if weather is bad again in October.

i had an email from Cunard advising that the itinerary for this 5 night cruise on QM 2 has been changed. We are no longer calling at Le Havre but St Peters Port instead. This will be our fifth attempt at calling here but to date the weather has ever been good enough to anchor. Wonder where we will go if weather is bad again in October.

Hopefully Le Havre although Cherbourg is probably more likely. I have never managed to get into Guernsey either.:eek:

Hi,

We have had the same change made to our November 16 QM2 cruise. There is not a chance of making Guernsey in November, to be honest theres little chance in June. I wonder if its a way of saving money, with the cruises being discounted so heavily? Has anyone else had experience of QM2 going to Cherbourg if Guernsey is not possible?

Cheers

Ian

We didn't know of the change.Shame i was looking forward to Le Harve.Been to St Peters Port a couple of times.Last time we went over to Herm on ferry beautifull well worth a trip.I guess it depends on weather about st peters port getting in on tender.

A point to consider Guernsey is a non E.U. Port & if the ship only calls at E.U. Ports then they have to charge you a extra 20% for V.A.T. On all onboard purchases & as long as the ship is programed to call at Guernsey then they will not apply this Tax.

A point to consider Guernsey is a non E.U. Port & if the ship only calls at E.U. Ports then they have to charge you a extra 20% for V.A.T. On all on board purchases & as long as the ship is programmed to call at Guernsey then they will not apply this Tax.

Correct as stated on itinerary change email.

The last time we tried to get there on QM2 and failed we sailed the Chanel for 24 hours. There's o ly so many times you want to see the White cliffs of Dover!!

If it's on the QM2, then there's never too many times seeing the cliffs!

The last time we tried to get there on QM2 and failed we sailed the Chanel for 24 hours. There's o ly so many times you want to see the White cliffs of Dover!!

We missed the port of Zeebrugge on QV in '09 (Captain McNaught in command).

QV spent two nights and a day getting from Rotterdam to Southampton. She crawled along at 6 knots... even so we sat off the Isle of Wight evening/overnight (in the Commodore Club we could see Portsmouth's Spinnaker Tower in the distance; first to starboard, then to port, then ahead... then back to port...).

Actually it worked out quite well for one or two passengers on board, who had been to Zeebrugge before, we enjoyed a "sea day" on QV far more!

hi all, just had notification that we are not now calling at St Peters Port and Le Havre has been re-instated. What on earth is going on!! Doesn't make much difference to us as our break is being on QM2.

Friends of mine who are on this voyage will be as puzzled as you I am sure! However, there was little chance of getting into St Peter Port I would have thought (many have tried, and failed). As you say, simply being on QM2 is just great. Have a great time.

hi all, just had notification that we are not now calling at St Peters Port and Le Havre has been re-instated. What on earth is going on!! Doesn't make much difference to us as our break is being on QM2.

We have had exactly the same happen on the 16 November 4 night cruise. How odd!

Archived