Coffee

dololie

• 2 weeks later...
Other than cafe oro is there any other coffee you could suggest. My dh has diabetes and cafe oro has sugar cane in it.

I don't think cafe oro straight out of the bag or fresh ground has sugar. I f ordering it at a cafe or restaurant, ask for it "cafe solo" or "cafe sin azucar". If you're looking for coffee to bring back there are other coffes from Honduras like Cafe Rey and a decent coffee at the cruise ports roasted on Roatan, but grown on the mainland.

Cafe Oro is ground with some sugar cane, It eqates to about 1/16th a tsp of sugar per OZ of ground coffee, If that is really an issue then you my want to look into Cafe El Indio but remember, this is Honduras and while Cafe Oro lists the cane, there are few rules requiring companies to do so so others may have other ingredients and forget to list them , If 1/16th tsp is an issue then I would not eat or drink anything in Honduras.

Archived