Leaving in 4 days, E. Carribean weather!

BobbyBond2

Hello All!

Super excited about our first cruise, but with all the posts about the crappy weather and the modelled forecasts from weather sites, we can't help but wonder what if.

I'm assuming like every tropical location you can expect sometime of "shower", but these reports look like bad weather consistently!:eek: I'm sure we'll find other stuff to do on board, just worried that our ports will be uneventful.

Has anyone ever had a cruise of nothing but rain? Also, if "torrential down pours" are forecasted thoughout the cruise, do the operators do anything different (i.e. change routes/ports). I know weather is beyond their control, just curious what they do?

Just hoping to put our mind at rest :cool:

Thanks!

BB2

I don't know what happens if there are heavy downpours because I never experienced it.

I do know that on both of my cruises, the forecasts showed showers and thuderstorms pretty much every day, and we ended up having beautiful weather with a passing shower here and there. The showers lasted maybe five minutes and then the sun would come out.

It seems like there may be a stronger system there right now (according to some recent posts) but I can't imagine it would hang around long enough to affect your cruise. How could it possibly rain that much for that long? (At least that is what I am hoping as I leave myself on May 29 :))

I would also appreciate reading about what happens if there are heavy downpours. Anyone else?

Just to update, after reading all of the gloomy forecasts about Puerto Rico, I just looked at their current conditions (and St Thomas) and it says mostly sunny as of noon today. Go figure. :)

I hope it stays sunny until this evening, as the Legend cruisers are in St Thomas today.

Thanks guys! I'm so excited, I just have this image of Western NY weather. If it rains, IT RAINS :rolleyes:. I can deal with rain, but not EVERY minute!

I know what you mean.... my in-laws live near Elmira and when I visited them the first time, it rained everyday that week except one!! Bridges flooded out, etc. YUCK!

June

Archived