Wanting to hear from those who have been pregnant on a cruise!

AuH20

Am cruising for the first time end of September on the silhouette. I was very excited when we booked, until I found out I was pregnant! I will only be 18weeks, but Have been feeling really sick most the days. I know this should settle down soon but bit concerned in case it doesn't! Just wanted to know any tips or advice to make my cruise a really enjoyable one, wanted to hear from people who have been through this. This is my second pregnancy so am nt nervous about actually being pregnant,its just this is a very different pregnancy to last time!

Have booked a tour of Egypt,which is worrying me, queuing for coach, being in the hot sun etc! Also concerned about queuing to tender and what happens if I feel sea sick!

As have mentioned, first time cruiser!!

Thanks in advance for your words of wisdome

Am cruising for the first time end of September on the silhouette. I was very excited when we booked, until I found out I was pregnant! I will only be 18weeks, but Have been feeling really sick most the days. I know this should settle down soon but bit concerned in case it doesn't! Just wanted to know any tips or advice to make my cruise a really enjoyable one, wanted to hear from people who have been through this. This is my second pregnancy so am nt nervous about actually being pregnant,its just this is a very different pregnancy to last time!

Have booked a tour of Egypt,which is worrying me, queuing for coach, being in the hot sun etc! Also concerned about queuing to tender and what happens if I feel sea sick!

I suggest you stay off the camels.

You will have fun on the cruise. Drink lots of water and carry travel insurance.

You may need to forfeit the land excursions. Better to skip an excursion than be sick all day.

I went on a cruise when I was 20 weeks pregnant with my second child. I was a little nervous but did just fine. Talk to your doctor about which sea sickness medicines are safe for you to take. Also, I would ask your cabin steward if he can provide you with a body pillow to make sleeping more comfortable. Just pace yourself and don't feel obligated to do too much. Stay hydrated and get plenty of rest and just relax and enjoy yourself!

:)

It was difficult quite honestly, but I was ten weeks, and major morning sickness prior. Discovered I was pregnant after final payment. However the ship was MUCH smaller, (30,000 gross tons) and on a known rough itinerary. If it were today, on a mega-ship, and a more gentle itinerary I would not give it a second thought.

Ooh good idea about body pillow, was wondering how feasible it would be to take my maternity pillow!! Have booked a day tour of pyramids etc, but no, I won't be going near any camels! Will have to see nearer time I suppose if I could cope with the two and half coach journey there and back!

Hi,

We took a cruise last February with my daughter and her husband and she was 20 weeks pregnant with twins! She was concerned as well but it turned out to be a fantastic trip. Her morning sickness was subsiding and for that she took Zofran. She stayed away from the ships water and drank only bottled water the entire trip to avoid any unnecessary swelling from the sodium. She was also very careful when ordering and made sure to specify low sodium when ordering soups, etc. The crew treated her with such kindness and respect - to sum, it was one of the best cruises we have taken. Just be smart... you will be fine! Enjoy

Be sure to send a letter from your doctor. This is Celebrity's pregnanccy policy.

Pregnancy

Celebrity Cruises cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or Cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at

1-954-628-9622. If you have already booked a cruise or Cruisetour and do not meet this requirement, please call us at 1-866-592-7225 or email us here.

Have not done X's Egypt cruise but 2 cruise to Egypt on Princess. A day trip to Cairo is a 3 hour bus ride in and a 3 hour ride back to the ship.

Drink only bottle water and be very careful about eating any in Egypt. On the first cruise we did both my DH and I got very sick. This year we did not go to Cairo from Port Said. We did do a private tour of Alexandria and had a wonderful day. The company we used was Alex City tours.

Pam

Did a Canary Island cruise on a small boat (it was very rough at points) around 22 weeks and didn't have any problems. 2nd trimester is really the best time to travel. They call it a Babymoon, last chance for a while to travel and get a good nights sleep. I would be extra viligent to watch out for any likely food poisoning problems, and don't over exert yourself but otherwise..

Enjoy!

I also went on a cruise when I was about 20 weeks pregnant. I drank lots of water and took the time to put my feet up during the day.

I checked with my Dr about taking Gravol for seasickness, but never ended up needing anything.

Probably ate a little too much, but didn't do any drinking which saved us a bit of money.

Archived