Johnny Walker Blue

parrothead74

I am about to do a Western Caribbean, (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan). Anyone purchased a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue in any of those ports duty free, and if so how much? When I was on the Sensation last November the ship shop only had the Blue in a small size gift set of all the Johnny labels. At over $200 a bottle here locally, I sure would love a deep discount in port.

I am about to do a Western Caribbean, (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan). Anyone purchased a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue in any of those ports duty free, and if so how much? When I was on the Sensation last November the ship shop only had the Blue in a small size gift set of all the Johnny labels. At over $200 a bottle here locally, I sure would love a deep discount in port.

heres an old menu from buying onboard duty free.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/liquor.jpg

Your going to love those ports we have done it 4 times and going again in October

If you have any questions like where to go what to see Im sure I can help you

Your going to love those ports we have done it 4 times and going again in October

Wow great reference, thanks! I see the Blue on board is $149.99, I bet it can be found cheaper in port.

Wow great reference, thanks! I see the Blue on board is $149.99, I bet it can be found cheaper in port.

It may be .I think Grand Cayman has a place close to the pier and I think Cozumel should have liquor in the little mall at the port too.Belize and Roatan your outta luck im almost sure

Probably not in the Western Caribbean. If you had St. Thomas or St. Martin you could easily beat that price.

Probably not in the Western Caribbean. If you had St. Thomas or St. Martin you could easily beat that price.

That makes sense. Best bet is probably Cozumel. Does Carnival do a price match on liquor if you bring them a flyer from the port?

In Grand Cayman...right across the street from the tender dock, in the same plaza as Margaritaville...there is a duty free liquor store...it is on the first floor...definitely check them out.

Great tip, thanks. With a name like Parrothead, you know I will visit that Margaritaville.

Can't answer your question but just wanted to say.....YUMMY!!!!!!! JW Blue is wonderful. :)

I now return you to your post as I begin daydreaming of JWB.

When you buy on board duty free can you take it back to your cabin to enjoy or does it get delivered at the end of the cruise?

When you buy in the ship's store the bottles are held until the final day of the cruise when they are delivered to your cabin. The ship will price match bottles available in port but the items must be identical so bring the flier back with you if the item is available in the ship store.

When you buy on board duty free can you take it back to your cabin to enjoy or does it get delivered at the end of the cruise?

I read on here that the $150 JWB from the onboard liquor store is the ONLY bottle they WILL let you take with you when you buy it. Might only be on the 1st night. Might no longer be the case. And whoever wrote what I read might have been fibbing. But that is what I read on this board.

I bet it can be found cheaper in port.

I wonder when you buy things in port.

Are you getting the real McCoy or something in a bottle with a copycat label.

Those fake designer handbags and rip-off CDs suggest that you just may not be getting what you think you are.

I read on here that the $150 JWB from the onboard liquor store is the ONLY bottle they WILL let you take with you when you buy it. Might only be on the 1st night. Might no longer be the case. And whoever wrote what I read might have been fibbing. But that is what I read on this board.

LOL - that thread is the link I posted above.:)

I wonder when you buy things in port.

Are you getting the real McCoy or something in a bottle with a copycat label.

Those fake designer handbags and rip-off CDs suggest that you just may not be getting what you think you are.

We bought our best fake carry on in Belize and we still crack up about it .Im sure it cost more than we paid to get it to Belize.We live close to NY so we can buy knockoffs pretty easily

I wonder if you can buy "fake" bottles

No he wasn't fibbing. I was on the same cruise and I heard the same offer. I saw the salesman deliver a bottle to a different purchaser the first night at the sale.

Archived